1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got to talk to Lonnie today for a few minutes....

it was good and bad..

lets get the bad out of the way: he's still not feeling real well

now for the good: he IS working on those Vickers conversions for the guys who have asked...

as soon as he realized how far behind he was for you guys who put in your orders before the PPSH thing ran him over he switched back to them and is going as fast as he can...

while this may make the VIckers guys a little happy, im sure the PPSH guys are now gonna be miffed..

hey look at least you got some info.

Lonnie said he was doing the best he could.

there was no time table for delivery given here, and im not gonna even pretend there was.

he just wanted me to throw it out for all the questioners, that yes he is working as hard as his body will let him.

he's not even had time to get on the internet, and rarely takes his phone into the shop now, as he about got caught in the mill the other day when it rang and scared him and he jumped in surprise.

there you go. its what i got.

sdk

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is a bump on this thread as i want everyone who could possibly have a question to read this...

DAVES: you could sticky this for a couple of days would be helpful.. as so many people say they dont see these updates when im posting them.

sdk

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
latest update:

10/27/08

talked to Sherman again the other day and he said he had only 2 PPSH's left to finish the entire lots and that the Maxim and Vickers where almost caught up as well....

so if your in that group please let somebody know!

look like the next project for Sherman will be a DIY kit of his build plans and parts for the Maxim.

i'll have more details as this is ready.

im glad to see the little fella get a bit healthier!!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am confused

Did the PPSH conversion thing happen before lonnie accepted the vickers mods from people? I honestly don't remember that far back. I , like other folks, had sent him my vickers parts around the first of the year with a personal check for payment, Lonnie being the true craftsman that he is, DID NOT CASH THE CHECK. I am wondering if my bank will let it through this far in the year?

I was just curious as to which project he was on first?

Thanks
Jordan

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have you got your Vickers stuff back now?

and as far as which was first: he was working both at the same time so that when he had the mills set up for any operation that took the same set up or bits he would just do parts from all and save the set up and tear down time.

there is 1 person out there who Sherman has his PPSH and no payment from.... he also doesnt have the guys name, number or anything else...

only that he was a nice polite young guy who brought his GF with him when he went to meet Sherman... if that dude is reading he needs to call..

i really wouldnt look for Sherman to overload himself like this again trying to help people.... he's put up with way too much crap for his time.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
done.... will let you know.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SHerman is working with the last member who's stuff isnt 100% and then all is completed

there is about 1 week left on the Maxim builders package see the GB thread....

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
maxim package

Hi uhmm what's the maxim builders thread on GB? I've been waiting untill shermans better, should I write to him directly???? I looked on GB and all that came up were Maxim parts and posters.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the GB running on this site is for the parts package and latest blueprints ONLY.

im not sure when Sherman is gonna take on more conversions from start to finish, due to the drawn out time frame from the last run.

he may do another run after the first of the year or he may not......

·
Registered
175 Posts
SHerman is working with the last member who's stuff isnt 100% and then all is completed

there is about 1 week left on the Maxim builders package see the GB thread....
Well as you may have guessed, i am the last vickers customer that is waiting on lonnie to finish and ship, the buyer that I sold all of my vickers stuff is waiting as well. It has now been almost 6 weeks since I finally talked to lonnie and he said my parts would ship that week. Still no parts and no luck getting ahold of him on his cell phone. It has now been OVER a year since I sent him the parts and the now no good 800.00 check ( I will have to send him another one )

If anyone could help in reaching him and asking him to call me so I can get these parts to my buyer so I can be done with this deal, i would greatly appreciate it. my cell number is 719-332-1290 Name is Jordan Rahal, he should remember me.

I would just like to be done with this deal, I made a deal that included converted parts and a conversion kit and instructions to the guy that bought my stuff some 8 months ago and to be really frank about it, I am tired of this and want to be done.

Thanks
Jordan

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ive passed on a dozen pm's for you and messages and i had him call you... and you did speak with him.

the next PM you sent me after that said everything was taken care of..... ive not followed up with you anymore on this as i thought it was finished & taken care of.

i'll make sure Lonnie is aware of this post for you first thing in the morning.

sdk

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
talked ot Lonnie tonite...

he said you all talked and he was gonna send the kit out to the fellow you sold it to.... AS YOU REQUESTED.

he also cut you a price break cause of the delay... over 25% off and you never sent the replacement payment or the address for it to be sent to. so it is sittin in his shop waiting on YOU to do your end.

so im not sure what your complaining about being put out..... you never had a payment charged to you and then have a discount.

Lonnie will try to call you tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
your parts were sent to you COMPLETED...along with your RETRUNED payment. you just need to send a replacement payment.

thats pretty good faith on SHermans part.

·
Registered
175 Posts
new one on me, when I talked to him, he said he would send me the parts out and to send him a check when I had a chance, I did not know we are waiting on me to send him payment?? HE did not say that I had to pay him first then he would send them out.

I have waited a year and three months for this conversion and he is worried that i will not be honorable and pay him the 600.00 ??

DO any of you that know me, know me as dishonest. I will send him payment out first thing, and by the way, I got the returned check in the mail today but no parts. so I do not have the parts as you stated. I do appreciate your help in this. I did not know that we were waitng on me at this point.

Jordan

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
he's not worried or concerned on the payment... you'll send it, im sure.

at this point he just wanted to get you taken care of and as happy as possible.

im just letting you know that the work is done and sent back to you.

if you got the payment, then you should also have the parts, he sent them on the same day... so be looking, they were priority mail. let me know if they dont show up tomorrow or weds.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jordan, Lonnie has some really, really, really good friends on this board. I have known him personally for 25 years having served in the Army with him. He has had some health issues, and is doing the best he can. You will have to guess the rest of what I want to say.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts