1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I'm trying to contact Lonnie about doing another Vickers lock. I tried email and PM with no reply. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ive not heard from Lonnie in a long time and im hoping that nothing has happened to him.

we usually talk at least once a month..... but its been a couple this time.

knob creek is coming and im at least hoping to spend some time with him then.

sdk

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i actually got a call from Lonnie tonite...

he hasnt been feeling well but is doing his best to get everything done and stay busy.

so for those who know him: its still better to call him late in the eastern time zone as he is a nite owl!

sdk

·
11,291 Posts
i spoke to him maybe in november and he was sick again. some infection respiratory thing that he gets from parking stuff. but have not heard from him since.

r

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Thanks Rory for the update.
I hope he is doing better. If you talk to him again keep us posted.
Me thinks he needs to stay away from the park tank. But I'm sure thats easier said than done when you need something parked.

GW

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have been trying to get ahold of Lonnie for about two months. Called, wrote letters, etc. Heard nothing. Anyone know how to actually get in contact with him. If so please PM me. He has some of my items for a long time (over a year) and I cannot get ahold of him.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
If anyone is going to see Lonnie, tell him to check his PO box.There are items waiting there for him.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have been trying to call Lonnie for months. I understand he doesn't feel well from time to time, but he has had a great deal of my items and will not return calls, emails, letters, etc. I am very frustrated and don't feel he has been up and up. Does anyone ever get in contact with him. Before I get flamed for this post, understand I have called for MONTHS and letters and emails. No return response. I have tried to be nice but this is ridiculous. I want my stuff back.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Had a similar problem with a fellow some years back and had to go and visit him to get my parts back. 800 mile round trip, but did the job.......

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Lonnie’s delivery pace and communications habit are perhaps not reassuring but he will come through with a quality product. These seem to be common traits among artisans in general and the master innovators of the 1919a4 community specifically. I encourage your patience and understanding.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does anyone know if he got the Vickers machine work done for Pirate. I have been wondering if got these done. Pirate does not seem to be moving on these kits. Any updates would be great.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
A recent brief communication gave me the impresson that all the small parts are done and Lonnie was/is welding and milling last/this week.

·
Registered
321 Posts
slow to respond, quirky, etc are one thing. No response for over six months is something else. Again, it hasn't been just an occasional effort. I have sent letters, etc. If anyone can reach him or he is returning their calls, please have him reach out to me. I am trying not to be nasty.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
So ... Anyone out there talked to Lonnie Ingram (Sherman) recently. I have very nicely reached out to him about a part he has of mine by both email (no bounce, but no response) and phone (answering machine is full) for over a year. I hold Lonnie in high regard but I would either like my Vickers lock completed or returned. Frankly I have had to wait in the past on projects with others, but was always given an occasional update. Happy to provide FedEx account number to get lock returned, or continue to patiently wait if it is actively being worked on. If it is done and payment is required, no problem all I need is confirmation. Like others have already said, "please have him reach out to me. I am trying not to be nasty.":(

slow to respond, quirky, etc are one thing. No response for over six months is something else. Again, it hasn't been just an occasional effort. I have sent letters, etc. If anyone can reach him or he is returning their calls, please have him reach out to me. I am trying not to be nasty.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Has anyone spoken to Lonnie lately? He was doing a Vickers lock spring conversion for me and I have not been able to contact him for quite sometime now, thanks.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Has anyone spoken to Lonnie lately? He was doing a Vickers lock spring conversion for me and I have not been able to contact him for quite sometime now, thanks.
So here is my experience: Spoke to Lonnie Ingram (Sherman) in February 2012 about a Vickers lock spring conversion, he said he was doing a run in a few weeks and gave me a price to convert lock to semi and do coil spring conversion.

Bought a very nice Vickers lock at full retail (did not have any spares at the time) and had it shipped to him, he confirmed receipt. Sent him an occasional email every three months since then to check on progress, usually followed that by a phone message (since no one ever answers and voice mail is full, it prompts you for your phone number which I always left).

After a year, I ask him via email and phone message that if he was unable to complete the job to please return lock at my shipping expense. I never received an email response or phone call.

Last week after 2 years and 3 months I sent him a letter with a check for ten dollars (to cover insured priority mail return) with a request for return of the lock. I followed it up by email and a phone call. :help:

As of today, no response. I like to think of myself as a very reasonable and fair person with good communications skills. I am very disappointed in his behavior. I will wait a little while longer for a response before I bring in outside parties, not because I care that much for the loss of the expensive part, but because I don't like to be taken advantage of.

What pisses me off is that other forum members see him at events laughing and joking and talking about starting other gun builds. I honestly believe he is a truly talented designer and machinist, I will reserve judgement for a little while longer on whether he is an honest and ethical person. :mad:

Just my experience to date, Dave, I hope you have better luck with him than I have.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So here is my experience: Spoke to Lonnie Ingram (Sherman) in February 2012 about a Vickers lock spring conversion, he said he was doing a run in a few weeks and gave me a price to convert lock to semi and do coil spring conversion.

Bought a very nice Vickers lock at full retail (did not have any spares at the time) and had it shipped to him, he confirmed receipt. Sent him an occasional email every three months since then to check on progress, usually followed that by a phone message (since no one ever answers and voice mail is full, it prompts you for your phone number which I always left).

After a year, I ask him via email and phone message that if he was unable to complete the job to please return lock at my shipping expense. I never received an email response or phone call.

Last week after 2 years and 3 months I sent him a letter with a check for ten dollars (to cover insured priority mail return) with a request for return of the lock. I followed it up by email and a phone call. :help:

As of today, no response. I like to think of myself as a very reasonable and fair person with good communications skills. I am very disappointed in his behavior. I will wait a little while longer for a response before I bring in outside parties, not because I care that much for the loss of the expensive part, but because I don't like to be taken advantage of.

What pisses me off is that other forum members see him at events laughing and joking and talking about starting other gun builds. I honestly believe he is a truly talented designer and machinist, I will reserve judgement for a little while longer on whether he is an honest and ethical person. :mad:

Just my experience to date, Dave, I hope you have better luck with him than I have.
All I know is He has had health issues that set Him back

21 - 40 of 71 Posts