1919 A4 Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I just wonder how I got so lucky to get mine done and hand delivered to Michigan? Was I persistent after waiting (yes), polite & professional (yes), willing to come pick up my parts and pay for any work completed (yes), or was I just “Lucky” as some of my friends say. I’m thinking my friends must be right.
Best of luck to everyone involved. Having a person wait years and lack of communication and not fulfilling obligations are not good for anyone!!
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
You were just lucky.

I just wonder how I got so lucky to get mine done and hand delivered to Michigan? Was I persistent after waiting (yes), polite & professional (yes), willing to come pick up my parts and pay for any work completed (yes), or was I just “Lucky” as some of my friends say. I’m thinking my friends must be right.
Best of luck to everyone involved. Having a person wait years and lack of communication and not fulfilling obligations are not good for anyone!!
CaptMax

·
11,094 Posts
Stopped in to see Lonnie. Visibly in not the best health. Got a couple things and will be headed back next week to grab the two locks. I am persistent. I don’t think this is malicious just letting time get away while dealing with everything else. My part appeared to be sitting in the very place I left it almost a decade ago

R

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Big thanks to Rory for helping out with this he was certainly far more diplomatic than I would have been at this point. We will keep everyone informed of the progress this weekend.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I don’t think this is malicious just letting time get away while dealing with everything else. My part appeared to be sitting in the very place I left it almost a decade ago

R
This is good news. I can’t remember where I put my car keys 10 minutes ago, let along where I put some part 10 years ago. You are retaining your cognitive abilities well, Rory! ;-)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Stopped in to see Lonnie. Visibly in not the best health. Got a couple things and will be headed back next week to grab the two locks. I am persistent. I don’t think this is malicious just letting time get away while dealing with everything else. My part appeared to be sitting in the very place I left it almost a decade ago

R
Hi Rory,
Thank you very much for retrieving my part, frankly speaking after 5 years I had written it off and wasn't figuring that I would ever see it again.

It arrived today, I appreciate your efforts!

·
11,094 Posts
Old soldier, had you asked me a month ago I would not have remembered. But seeing it there, it flashed through my memory placing it in its sport and wondering if he’d remember that it was sitting where I was told to place it

·
Registered
866 Posts
Russ and Rory, thank you very much for all your efforts. Rollin dropped off my Vickers lock yesterday. It is finally back home again and I can fit up and finish another long overdue project.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Glad to help Dave and sorry you could not make the SAR show. I am down to just a few members that still have stuff there then I think this situation is resolved.

·
11,094 Posts
i would have picked up more had i been given other data to add to my claw back list.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
i would have picked up more had i been given other data to add to my claw back list.
I had a few guys jump on the list after the last trip Rory but I will handle it trust me.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts