1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Oh come on... blacking out the tags is not fair! :)

I look forward to see what all you find! Please keep us updated. Always looking for some good stuff! You find any Cetme Ameli parts kits, let me know!

I sure do miss the old days of interesting, well priced parts kits coming in. Some other Parts kits suppliers just sent out an email with "Very rare, limited Quantity" parts kits... they were M240 parts kits... Awesome... I would be interested in one... oh wait, $5k a parts kit... better just keep saving for the next MG. I mean I know the time of $400 1919a4 parts kits is probably gone for ever... but man! The last parts kits that came in that I was excited about was your Cetme Parts kits. I bought a bunch and wish I had bought more. I just bought another set of Enosa NV that you sold for +50% over your price and consider it a good deal. Oh well, if only I was a bit older and richer in the golden age of parts kits. I was a poor kid just out of college. I was luckier than most at least!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Do you have a "friend" looking for one and lives nearby?
Jeff and I have not talked about the retail price of these yet.

Richard
Yeah... so much depends on price.... how much do they weigh? NJ is only one state up but I expect the price is going to be over what I want to pay.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
OK, I appreciate the info.
I will make that change to the listing.
We also have a selection of mount parts and will have to have lots of photos since I we have no info as to what mount they go with.

Richard
Richard,

I already bought the mount. I would like info on the other Maxim mount and the M74 tripod... maybe I can order all three! Please let me know. I also talked to your guy on the phone about it. He was very helpful, thanks! phiteshe[email protected]

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Richard,

I already bought the mount. I would like info on the other Maxim mount and the M74 tripod... maybe I can order all three! Please let me know. I also talked to your guy on the phone about it. He was very helpful, thanks! [email protected]
Richard,

I saw the pictures of the other tripod, the other tripod you have is the Finnish tripod! I am not as interested in that one but would still not mind hearing a price.

Please let us know more on the M74 tripod, I have a friend interested.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
.... MAXIM mount parts and a "mystery mount"....
Richard
Richard,

Please let me know on the Maxim parts mount. I bought your last one and its missing some parts... I would sure like to find some and I could use some other parts too. Please also send/post pictures of the mystery mount!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Richard, When you get to Omega's ZB stuff and you need any help, please contact me. I have multiple kits of the ZB26, ZB30, and as you know the ZB30J . I can help you ID the differences between parts for these models. I started a thread and plan on continuing it when I get the time
Don't get to excited, I ordered a ZB26 Flash hider from Don. The one I got looked like it had been run over with a tank! The cone part smashed down on the base so bad it buckled the metal. Don told me it was the last one... Which of course still cost me full price unless I wanted to spend as much as it cost returning it... my bet is the little that is left is rough!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
This past week we added a "STEYR AUG" category, Winchester Shotgun category, relisted the Colt M16A1 kits and added Yugoslavian M70AB2 matching underfolder kits:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/yugosl...-with-bulged-trunnion-new7-62x39bbl-good.html

I also have been adding parts to the M1 Garand and LEWIS Machine gun category plus a lot of restock.

Richard
I bought one of each of those barrels, which was more than half of them... I am glad I did.

I just bought one of the gas plugs you just listed. However Mike pointed out... it might be short for a 1914 Hotchkiss... so it might not have been such a good buy... I will have to think if I want to return it or keep it. https://www.apexgunparts.com/hotkiss-m1914-gas-regulator-gd.html

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Good thing I don’t have a Maxim or I’d send Richard all the TP in the house to get that.
While I do have 2 Maxims, I can't see this fitting me at 6'-1". Otherwise I would be more interested in getting a set. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a set but the price is a bit more than I am willing to pay... usually.

The straps on this example look replaced? I don't know it well but those straps on the back don't look German to me. No pads between the plates left either. Cool item for sure! I would love a set but not buying much right now...

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Hey Richard, I know Omega had some Jap MG parts. I really need some Jap Type 96 or 99 Barrel items. Gas blocks, Carry handles, front sites, Gas plugs.... do you know if you have any from Don's stuff? (or anywhere else)

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I enjoyed the video too. I would love to see how you deal with your box of Misc gun parts! At the last Knob Creek I went to, spring of 2019, I was able to get my best finds out of the boxes of Misc parts at Sarco (who know what the parts were for) and US Armament corp (who did not know what the parts were to in general). I am sure you have a ton of parts like this... I can just imagine having bought out Don Bell and Omega... I know you list many individual parts on the website as you figure them out. Frankly I check your new items page almost daily and have bought a bunch. However what do you do with the items you can't figure out...?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
We have barely touched the material from "OMEGA", "Springfield Sporters", and "Ohio Ordnance Works" but have made a good effort with all the parts from the Gary Cole estate.
Thats great news... something to look forward to! I did not hear you guys bought some or all of OOW... very interesting. They had lots of good stuff too.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I left it on the sealed bag for protection. Never suspected they would screw something up as simple as that.
Sounds like learned a lesson cheap. These companies, including Apex, handle 100s or 1000s of parts a day. Whenever you get something, first thing you should do is inspect it. I recently bought a Mag58 kit from another vendor like Apex. They sent me the wrong kit. Then the right kit came and it had like 5 broken parts and a bunch of missing stuff. I followed up and immediately got help. They worked it out for me. After a year... no one is going to touch it, no one. What if it was damaged in shipping and still in the bag so you did not notice? Yeah they should sent you what you order. However nothing is perfect in this world. Trust but verify! :)

·
Registered
3,456 Posts

These belts? They look Russian Style to me. I would guess that if 7.62 is tight, its for 7.62 as they should be tight. The key is always the starting tabs markings or other markings on the fabric. If you did not tell me otherwise I would assume its a standard Russian belt...

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
... 14k CETME Model L kits, ...
That was really a great one, probably my favorite since the golden day of parts with live barrels ended. I sure wish there was some CETME Amelis to find out there! I got to see DSA's at the creek and that should sure be a sweet gun to see out there as a semi or postie! I have heard they are pretty much gone but one day I hope you find enough to have a few racks full of them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts