1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 560 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,101 Posts
Richard, sorry you are stuck working the weekend. But I look forward to seeing what else you come up with. Thanks, too, for the package you sent to Russ last week. We've been in need of those and had a hard time finding examples, so you saved our butts on that. Russ and I saw a part of the warehouse where this stuff is coming from a couple of years back, when we went to visit our old friend there. Curious to know what caliber those ANM2 barrels are. Wondering if they are the same as what you already have. I guess we will all find out!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Richard, sorry you are stuck working the weekend. But I look forward to seeing what else you come up with. Thanks, too, for the package you sent to Russ last week. We've been in need of those and had a hard time finding examples, so you saved our butts on that. Russ and I saw a part of the warehouse where this stuff is coming from a couple of years back, when we went to visit our old friend there. Curious to know what caliber those ANM2 barrels are. Wondering if they are the same as what you already have. I guess we will all find out!
One way or another I was working this weekend.
We are set up at a local gun show, my wife is working the tables alone.
It's not a busy show so I would just be socializing if I was there.

I feel bad for my Operations Manager (Erik who is operating the fork lift) and the 2 guys that came in to move pallets inside the trailer!

Any particular marking or part number I need to check for on the AN-M2 barrels?
Next week we will have to prioritize the order that we handle this material.

Richard

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,101 Posts
One way or another I was working this weekend.
We are set up at a local gun show, my wife is working the tables alone.
It's not a busy show so I would just be socializing if I was there.

I feel bad for my Operations Manager (Erik) and the 2 guys that came in to move pallets inside the trailer!

Any particular marking or part number I need to check for on the AN-M2 barrels?
Next week we will have to prioritize the order that we handle this material.

Richard
Just occurred to me, there are also ANM2/M3 .50 cal barrels, in case that's what you were referring to. Figured I should clarify that. My brain went straight to ANM2 .30 cal by default. I'll have to look for the .50 cal drawing number when I get back to the shop, shortly.

The ANM2 USGI issue barrel in .30 cal will be marked C9837 plus a possible revision number, perhaps. There could be British 303 barrels or maybe the Israelis made some too. No clue how those would be marked, but it will be interesting to see what you have. Any USGI ones will be of particular interest to Russ and I.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you find AN-M2 50 barrels please let me know.
I was just looking in crates and saw some of the A/C type .50 cal barrels.
They have a distinctive contour and are rather long.
Is the outside of the muzzle chrome?

Lucky #13 the AN-M2 barrels (and now top covers) I spotted were the .30 cal variety.
Thank you for the PN, I can check that.

Richard

·
Registered
365 Posts
Email me a couple photos when you get a chance.
[email protected]

They should be about 3’ long and the muzzle looks like a sleeve stakes on the end.

If it’s all one machined piece and end chromed but not shiny they are M3 barrels.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just occurred to me, there are also ANM2/M3 .50 cal barrels, in case that's what you were referring to. Figured I should clarify that. My brain went straight to ANM2 .30 cal by default. I'll have to look for the .50 cal drawing number when I get back to the shop, shortly.

The ANM2 USGI issue barrel in .30 cal will be marked C9837 plus a possible revision number, perhaps. There could be British 303 barrels or maybe the Israelis made some too. No clue how those would be marked, but it will be interesting to see what you have. Any USGI ones will be of particular interest to Russ and I.
I just came back up from the (COLD) warehouse!
The .30 cal AN-M2 barrels are Israeli marked and stamped "7.62"
I looked at 7 of them, all marked the same, dates were mid 1960's.

I found a second crate of the .50 cal barrels, tags indicate they are M3.
So I have them USED/refinished and USED/original finish.

Richard

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,101 Posts
I just came back up from the (COLD) warehouse!
The .30 cal AN-M2 barrels are Israeli marked and stamped "7.62"
I looked at 7 of them, all marked the same, dates were mid 1960's.

I found a second crate of the .50 cal barrels, tags indicate they are M3.
So I have them USED/refinished and USED/original finish.

Richard
Knowing where those barrels came from, I am not surprised they are Israeli 7.62. Israel was a major source for the stuff they brought in. I am sure this is going to make Jeff roll his eyes, based on what he told me about the barrels you have already. What might be interesting is if the Israelis chromed the bores like they did some of the 1919 barrels. When you get to organizing and cataloging those, that's worth looking at.

On the .50 barrels, to the best of my knowledge, the ANM2 and M3 aircraft barrels were the same spec. Might differ by date and maker, and of course I might be wrong. In any case, there is some market for those, as you have a bite already.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discount Code ?

I am on Apex Gun Parts website, feverishly putting items into my cart. I notice a field for a discount code.

Any know where I can find a discount code for the site?

Thanks,

L.C.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I am on Apex Gun Parts website, feverishly putting items into my cart. I notice a field for a discount code.

Any know where I can find a discount code for the site?

Thanks,

L.C.
We rarely use any codes as they create a whole lot of work for my Customer service people.
By work I mean a ton of calls and e-mails from people who have trouble making them work, or have expired codes, or trying to use them the wrong way, etc,,etc..

Running weekly sales prices, or have products priced low in the first place is a whole lot more straightforward.

Richard

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,101 Posts
Looking in another crate this morning and spotted nice looking AN-M2 .30 cal backplates.
These are not assembled, just the plate itself.

Richard
Thanks for the updates. This is pretty exciting, lol. It seems apparent that the Israelis had a lot of ANM2 stuff, as there are specific 7.62 conversion parts that I am aware of now. Well, stripped back plates are of value to some of us, so be sure to keep Russ and I up to date on these when they get sorted and priced. Anything ANM2 .30 cal.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Richard, is all the stuff you're receiving going to be for the Browning or will it include other firearms as well? Just want to know if I need to keep doing searches on your Madsen, Bren, etc...stuff as well and see if there's anything new added for them.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Richard, is all the stuff you're receiving going to be for the Browning or will it include other firearms as well? Just want to know if I need to keep doing searches on your Madsen, Bren, etc...stuff as well and see if there's anything new added for them.
All the MADSEN parts are still unsorted in the OOW shipment.
BREN items are still awaiting photo's and some is still unsorted in a Century shipment (from 10? years ago)
I do have MAG-58 tripods, Mosin scopes and mounts, Israeli 7.62 Mauser barrels, UZI parts and a whole bunch of stuff to get sorted and listed.
Right now we have to re-arrange the warehouse and create some space to move around!

Richard

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
All the MADSEN parts are still unsorted in the OOW shipment.
BREN items are still awaiting photo's and some is still unsorted in a Century shipment (from 10? years ago)
I do have MAG-58 tripods, Mosin scopes and mounts, Israeli 7.62 Mauser barrels, UZI parts and a whole bunch of stuff to get sorted and listed.
Right now we have to re-arrange the warehouse and create some space to move around!

Richard
So, Richard - If we have some specific requests is there a good way to contact you outside of the string ? I have some fairly obscure Hotchkiss 1914 and Madsen LMG items I am looking for ...

Brian

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Did anyone notice the quantity of mg42/ mg3 twin AA mounts in Richards photo?? OMG! I have but one. It is beyond cool. If Apex blows them out like RTG did I may wind up with another...and looking for new home!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I did and i keep checking the site lol
Those twin MG-3 mounts are one of the items we are trying to get better situated and out of the way.
It will be a while before we have the time to figure those things out and get them listed.
They will ship as freight, so I expect those will sell thru Customer Service so the freight arrangements can be made.

Right now this shipment is what is our focus, 6 semi-trailers of parts.
The OOW material can't even be seen at the moment.
We have a new warehouse going up so this summer lots of pallets will be moving and handled.

Richard

21 - 40 of 560 Posts