441 - 460 of 482 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #441

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hi Richard - just a quick question - have you come across any WW1 era Lewis bipod sets? I'll end up buying one but would prefer an early one. Thanks and I love reading your updates with new items - thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
Hi Richard - just a quick question - have you come across any WW1 era Lewis bipod sets? I'll end up buying one but would prefer an early one. Thanks and I love reading your updates with new items - thanks for posting!
APEX has bi-pod assemblies and bi-pod legs on the website in the LEWIS LMG category:

Lewis LMG - Light Machine Guns - Machine Guns

The data area is generally painted over, what I could see was all WW1 year dates.
Don't forget to check out the "JENBRO" screwdriver, it is a cool bit of vintage kit.

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Somehow I missed the early Lewis stuff so I had better get on the ball before they are gone.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
Wednesday we pulled a BREN chest for a customer.
I had a look to ensure it was in good shape.
Turned out to be made in Canada and dated 1942.
What I found of particular interest were the markings that were stenciled on it.
So I took a picture.

Looks like the Belgian Army received Inglis BREN guns at some point as NATO "Mutual Aid" from the Canadian Army.
That same marking was painted on both sides.

Richard

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #446

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Cool stuff Richard thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #448 (Edited)
Just 1 of these left in stock now....

Richard
These sure didn't last long.

We are looking at some Thompson material coming over from the receiving warehouse.
Stripped lowers and a bunch of small parts.
Today I noted we now have almost an entire aisle of bins of just commercial Winchester rifle and shotgun parts!

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
It looks like you guys have been busy Richard and I am sure the guys are working hard. I love watching this thread to see what is unearthed as you stock the shelves. Keep the pictures coming.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
Does everyone in inventory/ shipping have their own "set aside" pile? We know Richard does!
Yes, it is called the "employee purchase" box.
There is an entire section of the employee handbook that covers that program.
I usually have a few people enjoy that benefit every payday!

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Does everyone in inventory/ shipping have their own "set aside" pile? We know Richard does!
Yes, it is called the "employee purchase" box.
There is an entire section of the employee handbook that covers that program.
I usually have a few people enjoy that benefit every payday!

Richard
OK as long as it is not too close to the "Russ box" because the more I teach the guys and the more they learn my box may never be filled again.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
These sure didn't last long.

We are looking at some Thompson material coming over from the receiving warehouse.
Stripped lowers and a bunch of small parts.
Today I noted we now have almost an entire aisle of bins of just commercial Winchester rifle and shotgun parts!

Richard

View attachment 98444

This picture deeply appeals to the parts collector in me. That'd be my zen garden of parts storage. :)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
richard, i was wondering, in all those bins, are there any parts for the older winchester shotguns
like the model 1893 and 1897..
thanks, john

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
richard, i was wondering, in all those bins, are there any parts for the older winchester shotguns
like the model 1893 and 1897..
thanks, john
This is where the search function on the APEX web site, or reading thru the "Winchester Shotgun" category is going to be your best course of action.
Winchester - Shotguns - More

I have not touched any of these parts, that is all the work of one of our people.
Last week he showed me how he had to move other product around in the mail order area to make room for the Winchester parts. That is when I took the picture, after I noted just how much material this was.
I do know where there is a bin of Winchester 97 parts, I shall have to bring that forward to him.
I think it is just one gun taken apart.

Richard

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #460
Another minor mystery..
We have a good number of the these curved 9MM SMG magazines.
S.S. has the cases tagged as MADSEN.
However, these are not M50 magazines.
Anyone know what gun they are for?

They do seem well made.

Richard

441 - 460 of 482 Posts