1919 A4 Forums banner

521 - 540 of 560 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #521
"CLAGGY" << A term used by my Grandmother (on my Mother's side) to describe a hot and humid day where she lived on the sea coast in England ( just a bit north of Newcastle-upon-Tyne)
SEE >>> GEORDIE dialects (Scott Dobson wrote "Larn Yursel Geordie" I read the whole series one summer vacation at my Grandmothers house)

Richard

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
"CLAGGY" << A term used by my Grandmother (on my Mother's side) to describe a hot and humid day where she lived on the sea coast in England ( just a bit north of Newcastle-upon-Tyne)
SEE >>> GEORDIE dialects (Scott Dobson wrote "Larn Yursel Geordie" I read the whole series one summer vacation at my Grandmothers house)

Richard
HAHA!

I get it! Thanks RIchard! :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #524
Got my M2 Tripods today. Very nice and USGI.

Thank you
I am happy that you are pleased with the M2 tripods that you received.
With the continuing purchase of the stock and all the material moving to WH5, I can now see all the M2 tripod parts that we have.
When we bought out Cole Distributing there was a fair number of the mounts, and the parts were in the bottom of the pallet boxes.
With the mounts now sold we can access the parts easier.
I also want counts on what remains of the mounts, etc.
There is none of it coming from overseas, the Obama ban of US origin surplus is tough to get around and the US DoS won't approve the form 6's.

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
Well all the Vickers tools I ordered from you guys showed up yesterday along with a few other trinkets and they were SPECTACULAR so thanks again for the heads up on those (y)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am happy that you are pleased with the M2 tripods that you received.
With the continuing purchase of the stock and all the material moving to WH5, I can now see all the M2 tripod parts that we have.
When we bought out Cole Distributing there was a fair number of the mounts, and the parts were in the bottom of the pallet boxes.
With the mounts now sold we can access the parts easier.
I also want counts on what remains of the mounts, etc.
There is none of it coming from overseas, the Obama ban of US origin surplus is tough to get around and the US DoS won't approve the form 6's.

Richard

Definitely would like some more tripods pintles and T&e.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #527
Well all the Vickers tools I ordered from you guys showed up yesterday along with a few other trinkets and they were SPECTACULAR so thanks again for the heads up on those (y)
Most of the Vickers tools and gauges are not well stocked.
A few we had in quantity.
Glad you were able to get the ones you wanted.
We bought them many years ago, along with a bunch of BREN stuff.
A friend of mine in Denver wants to have a look at the Lee-Enfield gauges.
I wish I had the LEWIS gauge for the drums!

Richard

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
Definitely would like some more tripods pintles and T&e.
The USGI pintles and T&E mechanisms are listed in the .30 Browning category.
When you open the page it only shows 64 items, show "all" or open the other pages to find them.

I used to sell the NEW modern copies of the pintles, for the budget conscious shooter.
I thought they were well made and solid, and they fit just fine on my Brownings.
However, customers used to return them when they read the "made in China" on the box.

We have a LOT of T&E parts in the Coles Dist. material, and that is how they will be sold.
I may try and put a set of the parts up for sale for anyone who wants to assemble them.
APEX doesn't have the resources to be putting T&E's mechanism's together.

Richard

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #530
In case you didn't spot it, we have made our first "unboxing" video using our new photo studio.
It is available on both our FaceBook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/ApexGunParts

And can also be viewed at our YouTube channel:

This has actually taken quite a bit of work with preparing the physical studio, and procuring the needed camera's, software, lighting etc.
Now we are working thru the "learning curve" of putting the production together.
Fortunately we actually have an individual on staff experienced with film/video production.
Expect to see more video's from APEX Gun Parts on a regular basis.

Richard

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #532
Backwards hat - really?
Yep, the bill made a shadow on his face, that fix made the light shine in his eye's, turning the cap around solved it.
We wanted the company logo visible.

Richard

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
This has actually taken quite a bit of work with preparing the physical studio, and procuring the needed camera's, software, lighting etc.
Now we are working thru the "learning curve" of putting the production together.
Fortunately we actually have an individual on staff experienced with film/video production.
Good job on the audio. The lapel mic makes a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #534
Good job on the audio. The lapel mic makes a HUGE difference.
Thanks, the 2 of them are still working on establishing the settings so each production will become more uniform and take less set up and editing time.
We have other video in editing now.
I need to get a proper APEX shirt on Josh.
ALSO, because of state COVID restrictions they are not able to be here every day and are having to do some of the work from home!

Richard

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #536
Oh goodie more distractions for me at work🤣
We have tried to get the default sound level set to be "work appropriate".
I had suggested instead of music the video plays keyboard sounds!

Richard

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Awesome! Your production people did a great job- particularly with lighting. I hate lighting, it's hard to get just right, it's expensive to get enough, and then some A**hole wants you to take down the studio "for an hour" so they can use the space...ugh!

Thoughts:

1. Josh/ presenter doesn't need to wear an Apex shirt. Don't overdo it. In fact, better that 2nd level branding is co-branding: in this case, Colt, AR-15, or the pizazz of an unrelated top tier brand, like a KCR shirt.

2. Move the background APEX branded logo off to one side so presenter doesn't block it.

3. Search engine optimization: include more in the title and/ or description: in this case, tags such as 5.56, M4, heavy barrel, 30 round magazine, etc. Since YT is one of the top returns, you want the APEX video to be one of THOSE top returns, and that is partially based on SEO.

You have a GOLD MINE with Josh- he is one of those rare people who appropriately uses his hands to demonstrate the product, and doesn't flounder with them!

Let us know when there are more!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #538 (Edited)
Awesome! Your production people did a great job- particularly with lighting. I hate lighting, it's hard to get just right, it's expensive to get enough, and then some A**hole wants you to take down the studio "for an hour" so they can use the space...ugh!

Thoughts:

1. Josh/ presenter doesn't need to wear an Apex shirt. Don't overdo it. In fact, better that 2nd level branding is co-branding: in this case, Colt, AR-15, or the pizazz of an unrelated top tier brand, like a KCR shirt.

2. Move the background APEX branded logo off to one side so presenter doesn't block it.

3. Search engine optimization: include more in the title and/ or description: in this case, tags such as 5.56, M4, heavy barrel, 30 round magazine, etc. Since YT is one of the top returns, you want the APEX video to be one of THOSE top returns, and that is partially based on SEO.

You have a GOLD MINE with Josh- he is one of those rare people who appropriately uses his hands to demonstrate the product, and doesn't flounder with them!

Let us know when there are more!
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.
I will copy and send to Nick and Josh.
BTW, the logo is actually painted on the wall, so no changing that now!
Comment #3, we will be making those additions here shortly...

Richard

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.
I will copy and send to Nick and Josh.
BTW, the logo is actually painted on the wall, so no changing that now!
Comment #3, we will be making those additions here shortly...

Richard

Let me know if you need insights, guidance, or help. Market growth via content and SEO is what I do when I'm not writing gun books. If APEX isn't using and understanding Google Analytics yet, need to like yesterday.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #540
Let me know if you need insights, guidance, or help. Market growth via content and SEO is what I do when I'm not writing gun books. If APEX isn't using and understanding Google Analytics yet, need to like yesterday.
Josh is the person who monitors Google Analytics.
We even put him thru the training.
Conventional E-Commerce retailers have a lot of tools to promote themselves, many of which are not available to firearms related businesses.

Richard

521 - 540 of 560 Posts