1919 A4 Forums banner

641 - 660 of 673 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
The BA kit I got from Apex is a matching receiver box. It has matching serial numbers on the receiver plates and trunion which is extremely rare in the 1919 world. Especially if your going to build a "correct" gun. I'm half tempted to get it so I can build a A4 and a A5 that is all BA. But then again all we know at this point is the booster is marked BA

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
These kits were spectacular and I posted here about them back when I got one from APEX. They have not seen the light of days in years and are beautiful USGI guns. I am actually shocked they have not sold out by now and hope both Richard and Jeff kept one for themselves.

·
Registered
238 Posts
These kits were spectacular and I posted here about them back when I got one from APEX. They have not seen the light of days in years and are beautiful USGI guns. I am actually shocked they have not sold out by now and hope both Richard and Jeff kept one for themselves.
Absolutely love mine!

Attachments

Reactions: toolmanm203

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
It looks like the A5 kit had those distinctive BA type rivets on the bottom plate. plus I see vaguely 2 letters stamped on the belt holding pawl. never seen any other MFG besides BA stamp the pawl bracket. Well as I was typing this my friend just bought it as we were going over all of this. Dam am I a bad influence or what ?! GOOD GOD I'm turning into another TOOLMAN203 :rolleyes: naaa I will never be that bad LOL

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #646
It looks like the A5 kit had those distinctive BA type rivets on the bottom plate. plus I see vaguely 2 letters stamped on the belt holding pawl. never seen any other MFG besides BA stamp the pawl bracket. Well as I was typing this my friend just bought it as we were going over all of this. Dam am I a bad influence or what ?! GOOD GOD I'm turning into another TOOLMAN203 :rolleyes: naaa I will never be that bad LOL
Glad that 191A5 kit is going to someone that will appreciate it.
That turned up as we were moving material over to WH5 for sorting.
It was in an "odd" location.
I think we have one more still in that wood storage box waiting to be photographed.

Richard

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I think we have one more still in that wood storage box waiting to be photographed.

Richard
I know ! I know ! if that one is complete with the charging handle assy and all the other parts like the one you sold me at the creek would you sell it to me for the same price as the one at the creek ? ;););)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #649
I mentioned that the WH5 crew had been gathering up all the FND material.
Well, it is starting to show up in the warehouse here at Stone Ave.
Soon these will be photographed and listed on the APEX web site.
I took these pictures as I was locking up on Friday evening.

Richard

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
Based on questions our customers ask, and what I have read on the forums, certain types of receivers are not easy to find.
Recently a local company has a started selling a variety of mil-surp rifles and new production receivers on GunBroker.
To start with they offer UZI, CETME and AK underfolders.
Here is the link to their adverts on GunBroker:

Link to F2A Inc. on GunBroker

The company name is "F2A Inc." and they are also based here in Colorado Springs.
They are just getting up and running so keep checking for the other firearms and receivers that they will have for sale.

Richard

·
11,947 Posts
Richard,
we've been asking about these FND barrels for months (years)
do you know pricing? and how can we get at them before they finish the process? @btwiest and i are asking for the same gun, so his request an mine are the same.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Richard, if possible I too would like 2 (hopefully 3 depending on price) of the 308 FND barrels before they finish the process as well please. Thanks. Kevin

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #655
Thank you for the interest in the FND barrels, parts and kits.
The pictures I posted are just some of what arrived in the warehouse here at Stone from WH5.
The reality is that I cannot do anything with that product til it has gone thru the process of being received and added to the APEX web site.
Currently we are not taking orders over the phone and until the material is received here those SKU's show zero in stock and have no details or pricing.
Speaking of pricing, I will tackle all the FND pricing at one time, do all my market research and gain an understanding of it all.
Please be patient, lots of tasks going on here. My schedule today is going to have me tied to a phone at my desk with business and industry conferences (F.A.I.R. Trade ATF WebEx)
So not much going to get done with web site listings today!
GunBroker is its own deal, so some things will get up on that site today.

Richard

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #658
This week at APEX Gun Parts we have been busy with restock and receiving the results of the projects they are working on at WH5.
I had 2 shipments of kits and magazines land this week, and one shipment of barrels, all of them restock of items we have on the web site.
Next Monday we are expecting a shipment to arrive that I have been working on for 2 years.
It was the spring of 2019 when Jeff and I viewed this material and made it clear we wanted it.
It finally just cleared US Customs as parts kits.
I have a 2 page invoice on my desk describing just what we are expecting to receive.
It will take a couple of weeks for the crew at WH5 to go thru and sort/handle it all.
It is all good stuff, but a few of kit selections are really special, kits that are no longer around, and we have never sold before.
Our supplier knew what they had, but we paid what they asked as we don't expect another chance to buy what was offered.
Looking at the total on that invoice I realize I didn't pay that much for my house!
There will be some pictures and video shared next week, as we get into this shipment!

Richard

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #659
I forgot to mention that in the "shuffle/organizing" going on in the warehouses we discovered 2 of the 1919A5 kits.
There is the one that sold a week or so back, and now the last / final 1919A5 kit that was in a wood box has been listed.
I think this one was set back by a former employee as it was in a very odd location.
The box had a label marked "RIA" but I only noted the RIA marked bolt.
It has good photo's and is listed on the APEX Gun Parts web site.
These 1919 kits were fun while they lasted! Gary Cole had held onto these for some reason, this is the last one needing a good home.

Richard

641 - 660 of 673 Posts