1919 A4 Forums banner

661 - 673 of 673 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Can't wait to hear whet is coming in Richard and I hope there is a certain kit I have been looking for. Keep us posted and thanks for always posting here.

·
11,947 Posts
Richard, when are those fnd 8mm barrels going to hit the site? I’ve been looking daily for weeks.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #664
Can't wait to hear whet is coming in Richard and I hope there is a certain kit I have been looking for. Keep us posted and thanks for always posting here.
Everything recently purchased is now at WH5.
There were 2 M84 PKM kits, but everything else was small numbers of mixed type AK kits, some parts, etc..
The other material is still awaiting paperwork to clear US Customs.
So we continue to wait on top of the 2 years already spent waiting.
ALSO, the nice people at ATF tech / imports division have reduced staff by reassigning people to other divisions so anything needing guidance for demil has been told to expect 9-12 month wait (with a "Hope this doesn't cause any inconvenience" statement)
Speaking of staff, I have lost one of my product photographers, and my restock people at Stone Ave are earning the status of "temporary help" due to being out so many days every week (nothing involving sickness)
The remaining photographer also handles GunBroker, so is busy with ammo sales!
All that means is getting product listed on the web site is taking longer than usual.
Also, Jeff and I were away on travel all last week and this coming week is going to be busy with tasks away from my desk (like interviewing potential employees, appointments, etc)
Everything gets listed eventually!

Richard

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hey Richard, I know you're a busy man, but any chance you guys have any 1919 pintles in and not listed yet? I've been hunting all over for one to fit my 1917A1 tripod...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #666
Hey Richard, I know you're a busy man, but any chance you guys have any 1919 pintles in and not listed yet? I've been hunting all over for one to fit my 1917A1 tripod...
I think we have accounted for all the pintles that we purchased.
That is why I have started to again carry the new manufacture ones.
Same with the complete 1919 T&E's.
We are good on the M2 Tripods for the moment.

Richard

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Hope your new hires are better at identifying chrome lined 1919 barrels than your past or current guys are. Last night I got out what was supposed to be a chrome lined 1919A6 308 barrel I got almost exactly a year ago. I was going to get it timed and headspaced but upon opening the plastic sleeve it came in, it was obviously not chrome lined. Now I’m stuck with a plain barrel that I paid for as chrome lined. Your customer service guys would do nothing since it has been more that 30 days.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I left it on the sealed bag for protection. Never suspected they would screw something up as simple as that.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I left it on the sealed bag for protection. Never suspected they would screw something up as simple as that.
Sounds like learned a lesson cheap. These companies, including Apex, handle 100s or 1000s of parts a day. Whenever you get something, first thing you should do is inspect it. I recently bought a Mag58 kit from another vendor like Apex. They sent me the wrong kit. Then the right kit came and it had like 5 broken parts and a bunch of missing stuff. I followed up and immediately got help. They worked it out for me. After a year... no one is going to touch it, no one. What if it was damaged in shipping and still in the bag so you did not notice? Yeah they should sent you what you order. However nothing is perfect in this world. Trust but verify! :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #673
Hope your new hires are better at identifying chrome lined 1919 barrels than your past or current guys are. Last night I got out what was supposed to be a chrome lined 1919A6 308 barrel I got almost exactly a year ago. I was going to get it timed and headspaced but upon opening the plastic sleeve it came in, it was obviously not chrome lined. Now I’m stuck with a plain barrel that I paid for as chrome lined. Your customer service guys would do nothing since it has been more that 30 days.
I just saw this.
If it isn't an original 1919A6 barrel then it came to APEX from an outside vendor that turns them from 1919 barrels.
Those would be received, but not handled as we would have depended on the description from the supplier.
I would suggest you check the caliber, as I haven't seen any 7.62 NATO barrels in some time that were not chrome lined.
I have seen 30-06 1919 barrel's that are not chrome lined.
So I would suggest you check the caliber.
We have been out of stock on 1919A6 barrels for a long time now.

Richard

661 - 673 of 673 Posts