1919 A4 Forums banner

681 - 696 of 696 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
Surely there has to be a pile of 1914 Fiat Revelli stuff with all the buying you guys have been doing the past couple years?
All the recent excitement has been over interesting AK parts.
On a note related to things purchased years ago, this was in the OOW shipment.
It was taking an entire pallet slot in the warehouse.
So, it is going to get photographed and listed.
If anyone really wants this big shield, now is the time to speak up!

Based on size and weight, this IS a freight shipment!
If you have a truck/trailer we can load it in our south yard.

Richard

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a question for APEX.
How can I search for just the stuff you have in stock. I get tired of looking at out of stock items and give up with money still sitting in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
I have a question for APEX.
How can I search for just the stuff you have in stock. I get tired of looking at out of stock items and give up with money still sitting in my pocket.
Right now browsing categories is the one solution.
The other is using GOOGLE.
We have been trying to work thru this issue since the last version release of the web site.
That undid the customization's we had performed to the site search engine that was in use at that time.

Richard

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Richard, I’m looking for a few RPD parts and wondered if you would PM me when it’s convenient?
Thanks, CaptMax

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have another opinion about out of stock stuff. I like it but would be nice if there was an option that it would go to the back of the line. You click on new and it still shows all the out of stock items. Your site is sophisticated enough to make the picture change when sold. I bet your guy can work it out.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #686
Richard, I’m looking for a few RPD parts and wondered if you would PM me when it’s convenient?
Thanks, CaptMax
Unfortunately since WH5 came into existence there is no finding items in the warehouse anymore.
The product here at Stone is all handled and listed on the web site.
There is a LOT at WH5 that is queued up to be handled / sorted / bagged or boxed.
More of the product in the trays here is now bagged up or boxed with the SKU printed on it.
The goal is accuracy of picking and Q/C, and there is no way any individual here can know all the thousands of things we have without it being bagged / boxed and marked with a SKU.
WH5 is working thru the pallets of mixed parts (which usually are from a category, like all UZI on a pallet) and soon we will be done with that.
Then we can start on S.S., or OMEGA, or VECTOR or finally finish up on OOW.
Of course this summer we start moving into the new warehouse here on Stone (WH2)
That will be interesting!

Richard

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #687
I have another opinion about out of stock stuff. I like it but would be nice if there was an option that it would go to the back of the line. You click on new and it still shows all the out of stock items. Your site is sophisticated enough to make the picture change when sold. I bet your guy can work it out.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Our search engine used to leave OOS products at the end of the items presented.
Now 2 word synonyms are a bug that doesn't work (like rd for round)
We think we have a fix, it is being tested on our developmental platform by our support contractor.
I am hoping for good news on Friday.

Here is a work around that I forgot, it goes way back to the early days of "web crawler" search engines.
In stead of typing MARLIN CAMP CARBINE
You add quotes "MARLIN CAMP CARBINE"

It doesn't fix the OOS product issue, but does get you more focused results.

Richard

·
Registered
705 Posts
All the recent excitement has been over interesting AK parts.
On a note related to things purchased years ago, this was in the OOW shipment.
It was taking an entire pallet slot in the warehouse.
So, it is going to get photographed and listed.

View attachment 104985

View attachment 104986

Richard
What mount will that fit into?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts

View attachment 104985

View attachment 104986

Richard
I'm very interested and will be in CO in the next few weeks with a trailer. Can you PM me or you can get my phone # off Apex Order #2000262769

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #690
I'm very interested and will be in CO in the next few weeks with a trailer. Can you PM me or you can get my phone # off Apex Order #2000262769
I know very little about that shield, other than what I have seen in some pictures.
It reminds me very much of the ones mounted on top of M113's a very long time ago.
I will try and get a price out of Jeff and give you a call.
You are also welcome to make an offer, that seems to speed things along.
Loading in our south yard is a plus, the shipping staff is really busy packing/shipping orders nowadays.

Richard

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
I know very little about that shield, other than what I have seen in some pictures.
It reminds me very much of the ones mounted on top of M113's a very long time ago.
I will try and get a price out of Jeff and give you a call.
You are also welcome to make an offer, that seems to speed things along.
Loading in our south yard is a plus, the shipping staff is really busy packing/shipping orders nowadays.

Richard
I ave tripped over that things a few times over the yeats in the secret warehouse so watch your shins Richard it will leave a mark trust me.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #692
Speaking of large items that require freight shipping, I have listed the one PKM crate that we had.
This is what the PKM tripod, barrels, cans, etc. were packed into and shipped from overseas.
We purchased this many years ago from the outfit that imported the gun.

PKM wood storage crate

Richard

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Just wanted to post this for Russell . Mr Rodgers what's to know if anyone is going to come back and fix his Warehouse Door Entry ? It seams that during the transpot of his items out of one of his warehouses there was damage done to one of the doors by the trucks. He states he has tried to contact with no reply. I know Russell .He is only 30 min from me. I told him i would post this for him.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #694
Just wanted to post this for Russell . Mr Rodgers what's to know if anyone is going to come back and fix his Warehouse Door Entry ? It seams that during the transpot of his items out of one of his warehouses there was damage done to one of the doors by the trucks. He states he has tried to contact with no reply. I know Russell .He is only 30 min from me. I told him i would post this for him.
Glad to hear that Russell is well.
Last I knew he was selling that property in PA. and moving to Florida.
I will let the gent who Russell was in direct contact with and who was in charge of the job of clearing out the material from the S.S. warehouses know that he wants to be contacted.
APEX did buy the material contents of the S.S. warehouses, but we didn't purchase it from Russell.
We didn't receive any of the guns or ammo and the parts in the bins located in the mail order area were retained by the original buyer.

Richard

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Thanks Richard. I appreciate it. Ya i Know you didn't, He is still there. Still Rough Health but still there. You wouldn't happen to have a Nice complete stock set for a Enfield #4 MK-1 would ya ? thanks for passing it along.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #696
Thanks Richard. I appreciate it. Ya i Know you didn't, He is still there. Still Rough Health but still there. You wouldn't happen to have a Nice complete stock set for a Enfield #4 MK-1 would ya ? thanks for passing it along.
I spoke to the gent Russell had contact with. He was surprised that he (Russell) didn't just call him on his cell.
The crew that was on site did a lot of clean up, and hauled out 6 40-yard roll-off dumpsters while there.
I was told there was a walk thru done at the end of that task and payment was made for all the damages noted.

APEX does have Lee-Enfield wood, we quit trying to make stock sets.
Too difficult to get colour matches, too many returns.
The forends don't last long on the web site when we list them.
We still have a lot of unsorted material in our warehouses, but we are working thru it.

Richard

681 - 696 of 696 Posts