1919 A4 Forums banner
741 - 760 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #741 ·
Just a recommendation. It would be a lot easier to search for parts to buy with an option that lets you sort for “in stock only”. I understand y’all restock a sku from time to time but there is a lot that could be removed. It’s become a task to sort through in stock and out of stock parts.
Normally the site takes all OOS products and moves them to the bottom of the category and makes them the end of all searches.
However, with the latest updates that extension module isn't working.
My support people and the module developers have been seeking to restore this function for about 2 weeks now.
My hope is it gets resolved this week.

Richard

·
Registered
3,406 Posts

These belts? They look Russian Style to me. I would guess that if 7.62 is tight, its for 7.62 as they should be tight. The key is always the starting tabs markings or other markings on the fabric. If you did not tell me otherwise I would assume its a standard Russian belt...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

These belts? They look Russian Style to me. I would guess that if 7.62 is tight, its for 7.62 as they should be tight. The key is always the starting tabs markings or other markings on the fabric. If you did not tell me otherwise I would assume its a standard Russian belt...
same here- a pic of the tabs would provide a lot of info- but they look like the russian belts I got from Lithuania or romania or wherever a few years ago - they seem to work fine for 8mm, I have not tried 303 in them. There are dimensional differences - Bob N. has listed the differences in various posts on other boards at one time or another-

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
same here- a pic of the tabs would provide a lot of info- but they look like the russian belts I got from Lithuania or romania or wherever a few years ago - they seem to work fine for 8mm, I have not tried 303 in them. There are dimensional differences - Bob N. has listed the differences in various posts on other boards at one time or another-
Received two today, both Russian 250 round 7.62X54 belts.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #748 ·
Received two today, both Russian 250 round 7.62X54 belts.
I wonder if they are the same belts I have at home with 303 loaded into them?
It has been a couple of Christmas's since I last handled them!
The ones I have came out of the the tall green Russian style belt cans.

Richard

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I wonder if they are the same belts I have at home with 303 loaded into them?
It has been a couple of Christmas's since I last handled them!
The ones I have came out of the the tall green Russian style belt cans.

Richard
You may want to change the description on your website.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #750 ·
That would require we resort/handle them all.
The basic description came from the supplier.
If some are 200 and others are 250 I am better off labeling them as 200, than the other way around.
They may all be 250 round belts, I know we would not have unrolled them all, but should have weighed them on the counting scale.
Over 30 have gone to customers, and so far no complaints or returns.
APEX doesn't have live ammo available to even do test fits, so one would have to go to someones house to try loading them.
At this point I will wait til next week and see what if they are all the same or not.

Richard

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #752 ·
Live ammunition is not required to tell the difference, the markings on the starter tabs are the first indication these are Russian 7.62X54 belts.
What is becoming painfully obvious to me is that no-one at WH5 actually looked at these.
They sent them over here to Stone for photographs with a listing card containing data based solely on what the supplier of the belts stated they were.
This will be worked thru next week, along with a couple of other recent things that we caught while making listings on the web site.
Obviously no one listing the products at Stone examined these belts.

Richard

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
What is becoming painfully obvious to me is that no-one at WH5 actually looked at these.
They sent them over here to Stone for photographs with a listing card containing data based solely on what the supplier of the belts stated they were.
This will be worked thru next week, along with a couple of other recent things that we caught while making listings on the web site.

Richard

Worse things can happen and this one is easily understood. You guys do a pretty good job on ID. I won’t tell wh5 or Stone that, even the best employees need a talk now and then.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts

Richard
Thanks for looking into this Richard.

FYI, Friday evening I posted a link on my Russian Maxim page directing people who are looking for cloth Russian belts to Apex so hopefully that will help with sales of these belts.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #755 ·
Thanks for looking into this Richard.

FYI, Friday evening I posted a link on my Russian Maxim page directing people who are looking for cloth Russian belts to Apex so hopefully that will help with sales of these belts.
Thank you for sharing that link.
We don't have much for MAXIM's as it sells quickly after I post it for sale.

The latest thing is the 7.62X54R barrels.
I have a line on some parts for the lock, etc.
We will see If we end up with them!

Richard

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #756 ·
Today this was discussed, with the goal of finding out where our system broke down.
There are now more pictures of the belts and I updated the description to reflect what I know about the belts now.
There are indeed 250 places for rounds to be held in the belt.
Thank you for the shared knowledge, the one side of one tab of the belt we inspected was marked and that is shown in a picture.

Richard

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #757 ·
If anyone is seeking the wood crate that Lewis gun pan magazines are stored and shipped in, I now have them photographed and listed on the APEX web site.
They are in the 1914 Lewis Gun category:

1914 Lewis LMG category

Richard

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #758 ·
Today we looked at a lot of pallets of assorted "stuff".
Some will go to Knob Creek, most is heading into the sorting area and will go up for sale on the web site.
We ran across some odd things and some parts we had been looking for.
Here is an SMG barrel that looks like it sat someplace, abandoned for some time.
I do not recognize what gun it is from, anyone know?

Richard

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #760 ·
Hi Richard, do you have any Besa barrels to go with your new Besa category?
So far I have not seen any.
Its just the one kit and a selection of the parts.
We also have the belts and I think ammo cans?

Richard

741 - 760 of 789 Posts