1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is legal to ship empty cartridge cases (brass) from the US to the UK. I have 500 pieces of 30-06 brass (empty) that a guy in the UK wants to buy, but I don't want to violate any international shipping regulations. Any information is appreciated.

· Registered
158 Posts
Not sure but I believe it would fall under department of commerce (now called BIS) rules. May, or may not, require a license of some sort. But, I have to agree with slowfire, if you want to be sure it's probably not worth the effort for the little bit you want to ship.

My opinion only.

Jeff

· Registered
2,185 Posts
Brass to the UK

As a reformed eBayer deriving income form selling brass we often shipped brass to the UK without any legal problems. Keep in mind shipping is pretty spendy. You can also check your local Post Office as they should have a list of countries and items that are not accepted for delivery. Italy has the most restrictions but even for them brass was OK.

· Registered
1,122 Posts
If you are a glutton for punishment

http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/docs/oas.pdf

I have never had the stomach to endure reading or trying to fully comprehend even this basic guide. Components are included in the definition of "ammunition", so I would recommend checking first and as slowfire said.... you better be getting a killer price for that stuff to make up for the aggravation.

You may be able to get a quick(er) answer here:

Response Team Telephone Number: (202) 663-1282

Response Team E-mail: [email protected]

DDTC = Directorate of Defense Trade Controls

Best of luck - could you post a follow-up if you get an answer?

· Registered
3,034 Posts
DTU,

A decade ago I did some business with collectors in UK, wasn't so restrictive back then, met a bunch of former SAS who went into LE, fine gentlemen and we bought/sold/traded militaria via E-bay. They told me their regulations were getting more strict and to watch my 6, to the point any "firearms-related" (incl collecting ammo) was in serious jeopardy.

I simply would not do it now, while it may be perfectly legal on the US side, who knows what may be going on in UK (or should I say UN) and laws change literally overnight, you and the buyer "might" be breaking the law without even knowing it. Be careful! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.