1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this works, I had enough problem downloading pictures! I'm getting the Half-track set up for the car show this week end and my wife found me some radio chatter which she loaded onto a CD, so I wired one of the receivers so I could plug the loud speaker into it and hear the chatter, the CD player is small enough that I can hide it behind the radio set out of sight!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Bob Hope passed through Yuma on the way to the Pacific . He spent the night here and the troop set up and did a show . It was good for the local moral and gave them some practice . It was not broadcasted , but a soldier recorded what he could on a tape player before he ran out of tape . They played it here on a local station after Bob passed , and they were kind enough to cut me a cassette and a cd . There are lots of his and other WW2 broadcasts on utube . Might add a little something to your display.
Chris

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WW2 radio

I have a WW2 morale radio that I set up outside the half-track, I did the same thing with it, hid a CD player inside and hooked it to the original speaker,I found a Bing Crosby USO tour CD set on ebay so I let that run during the show, it's fun to watch the old lady walk by, they stop and move closer to the radio then they exclaim "it's bing",priceless! But combat radio chatter is much harder to find.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
That is awesome! That adds a whole new realm of realism to a display! I still drool over the thoughts of owning a half track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts