1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
My .308 booster works just fine! :D A .30-06 booster might be gentler on your backplate though. I've got over 3000 rounds on mine with no signs of stress what so ever. YMMV

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
NFA shorty

I have a shorty jacket and booster set that I picked up at Knob Creek. This is NFA stuff, though. You cut your barrel to 10 3/4 ins. (I think). The barrel does not need bushed as the new booster is made for an unbushed barrel. Actually, I have 2 units....1 parked and 1 bare metal. I acquired these from a FL dealer.

any interest?

amish-bob
(Rob S in PA)

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,166 Posts
I'd be interested, Rob, but certain authorities would then be interested in ME! :D

·
Registered
944 Posts
Just get a regular booster and drill it out. Start with a 5/8" oriface and if it seems you are getting too much of a boost (broken parts are a dead give away) ream it out to 1".

:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
You know that NFA comment got me to thinking. I wonder if you could build the gun and register the receiver as a pistol just like you do with AK's. Then weld something not very noticeable on top of the pistol grip so you could not atach an A6 stock. Then you could make the barrel as short as you wanted. Unless the ATF would consider a tripod some sort of butstock. It wouldnt surprise me. Has anyone ever tried that?

Robo

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is 16 1/4 inch barrel that I am using a 30-06 booster on for .308. I would be willing to buy one(say a .8 of an inch opening) if someone can modify one for me. I would pay you upfront so that you will not get screwed. Would 8mm be the same size opening? Thanks

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
.8 opening will work fine for a shorty 8MM Luke. I shoot two of them at the size and they run like a charm! The .308 might need a bit smaller hole like the 30-06 size you use now. Each gun has it's own tastes.... I'd try that first before opening it up to .8 :)

If you need one opened up let me know I can do it for you. Email me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts