1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this photo when I went to vote in Nov. and this sign is posted by the entrance. The school serves as the place we go to vote for all elections here.

Now, why can't my kid wear body armor to school? Can the school stop shootings?? Is there trained security people there? Do gun free zones work?

Body Armor 25pct1.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
We know that those signs are truly effective at keeping the drugs, tobacco, and guns out of the schools, right? :rolleyes: In my college psychology class, they called this 'magical thinking'. Thinking that something is true because you want to believe it, rather than acknowledging reality. That kind of defines liberals, doesn't it?

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We know that those signs are truly effective at keeping the drugs, tobacco, and guns out of the schools, right? :rolleyes: In my college psychology class, they called this 'magical thinking'. Thinking that something is true because you want to believe it, rather than acknowledging reality. That kind of defines liberals, doesn't it?

I think what makes it hard to swallow in these parts is you have a school full of redneck and cajun kids being forced to listen to, and obey a few liberal teachers, I don't think these teachers grasp the idea of going squirrel hunting after class so there is no telling what's in those pickups in the parking lot., so, the guns are probably there already.. so to be safe... give em some body armor.

·
Registered
958 Posts
kids wearing body armor is a very visual vote of no confidence by the parents of the community that the school system can't or isn't doing enough to keep them safe.

It'd be bad publicity. So if you are in power and don't want to get voted out, don't hold an election.

But they didn't say anything about tactical backpacks with trauma plates built into them . . .

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Simple law says

The interesting part of this becomes by prohibiting body armor the school is accepting the liability should an individual be harmed in a situation were body armor could have prevented the harm.
The catch here would trying to sue the government. Locally a certain high profile business decided not to prohibit concealed weapons, their attorneys explained to management they would be liable....far easier to sue than the government.

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The interesting part of this becomes by prohibiting body armor the school is accepting the liability should an individual be harmed in a situation were body armor could have prevented the harm.
The catch here would trying to sue the government. Locally a certain high profile business decided not to prohibit concealed weapons, their attorneys explained to management they would be liable....far easier to sue than the government.

They are denying the student the right to self defense. For some unreal reason, they think a gun free zone is a cure all when all it is is a place where bad people go to fine easy targets for their deranged reasons of vengeance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It’s all about the feelings...body armor is a visual panic to many liberals and so by not allowing it, they can avoid that panic feeling. Just the same as when liberals freak out seeing someone open carry

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I think this is the clear way to go for the future! We need to encourage every adult harmed in these events to sue places that restricted your right to keep and bear arms. I agree they may have a right to restrict your rights on their property but I think they clearly then are responsible for you while you are on their property.

So if Virginia Tech wants to keep you from CCW on campus and then a crazy Chinese murderer shoots you, VT should be on the hook for allowing it to happen and not defending you. However they allow you to CCW, then I don't believe they have any liability. I think its the best of both words. We respect people's property rights and your right to bear arms to protect yourself.

My Daughter was in Johns Hopkins last week (not really a rare event for us) and I had my folding knife clipped to my pocket. They have a no weapons policy and the security guard was making me give it up.... Thanks Bloomberg! Baltimore has a murder a day and they are worried about me taking a knife into the hospital.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts