1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During 2021 I had LOTS of free time on my hands and used some of it to scour the globe for cool stuff. Here are a few pics of some of the more uncommon things I found during the hunt. Anyone have anything interesting please share pics especially of how parts and tools came in the original boxes/wraps.
Wood Rectangle Handwriting Font Gas

Box of 4 USGI 1919A6 stocks
Wood Font Material property Rectangle Gas

Box of SG extractors
Brown Wood Rectangle Handwriting Font

Buffalo Arms bolt and barrel extension in original wraps.
Wood Gas Auto part Machine Automotive tire

Original carbon scraper tools

·
BeltFed GURU
4,554 Posts
Top two are a range safety wedge for a 1919 ,1928 ... you get the idea :ROFLMAO: . Bottom circular most likely a trunnion thread no go gauge and the "fork" is a bolt wear gauge outside with and feed track width ...... Do i win the 1K of SRP`s :p ???

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts
The wood block is a WWI 1917 range safety device used by opening the top cover and used to hold the bolt back. It is the only one I have ever seen outside of a book or manual and I bought a full M6 chest of parts just to be able to get it.
The round one is a go/no go gauge for a 1917A1 tripod
the fork is a go no go gauge for the 1919A4 bottom plate to check a number of different things on it, very handy tool to have.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
3 different T&E brackets.

Westinghouse
Remington (unmarked but DLO said it was a Remington)
RIA

W&R came direct from DLO. Douglas O.

The RIA was found in either an M20 or an M3A1 Scout Car. Just a bunch of surplus laying in the bottom of one of those vehicles. The story is to old and Dad is not around to confirm.

There were two RIA brackets. Traded? one to Rollin. Even though the picture shows the same one on a Water Cooled. Rolllin says the bracket part number is identified to a 1919A4. So I supposed used on both.

The weapons mount book was on EBAY about 20+ years ago. Clearly marked with all the right keywords. I think my high bid was around $200. I won it for $24. Was surprised. This was before the new copy was made of the book.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Early spare barrel cover and correct length cleaning rod. Both of these items are described and pictured to be stowed on the M1 Wheeled Machine Gun Mount.

The cleaning rod came from Hayes Otopaulic. US surplus. No part numbers. I feel it's correct but not 100%

I used to own two covers. Sold one to Rick Larson thinking I would find another. 20 years later. Nope.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
About a year ago Numrich listed some corks on the website. They have been out of stock for sometime. Bought all they had in stock. Think it was around $30 ea. They are so nice I thought they might be modern but compare perfectly to originals

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Nothing really rare or outstanding just the most recent addition to my manual collection. Did not realize until I returned home with it that I already had two just like it. :)

Book Publication Font Rectangle Paper

Reactions: OLDIRONSIGHT

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
1917/17A1 top cover springs. A recent purchase from Rick at BMG parts. Don't know of any vendors that have them. Get them while they last.

Original spring on the top.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Common items and some scare.

Craig thanks for posting all of this, great collection. That box of bore reflectors is awesome along with everything else and the spare parts chest is one of the nicer I have seen. BTW when you get tired of looking at that ugly ole tubular can you just send that right to me 😂

1 - 20 of 35 Posts