1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy.
I have either a skate rail or ring mount trolley. I have no idea what it's worth. It's in the clean-up/ID process now. I can't post pics now but would appreciate any help on this I can get. Thanks, Billy:confused:

· Registered
2,214 Posts
Which Kind?

If it is a trolly only with a brake and a long stem small pintle hole it is for an M49 ring mount. If it has a large, short stem pintle hole and a horizon compensating gear at the bottom and a tapered handle brake, it is for armor. Frazer

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy
Thanks for the info. It's at work and I will check it out when I get back. About what is the going price for either of these? Also might have access to a corner and side mount for a halftrack that bolt straight to the armor. Again, thanks.
Billy

· Registered
1,382 Posts
This repo trolley is being made by Paul Greenstein on G503. His asking prices is around $1800. I saw him put one up on EBAY and it never met his reserve. Quit a few people have mentioned they have one of these,but have never mentioned what they paid.

Brent mullins put one up on EBAY about 8 months ago with a buy it now for (brain strain) around $1000. I guess it had some rust and needed cleaning up.

Jacob Rietveld Had one for sale 2 years ago for $1200

Reference threads for the trolley.

http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=113404&highlight=trolley

http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100557&highlight=trolley

http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80327&highlight=trolley

I would like to make you an offer once you figure out what it is and how complete.

Thanks Craig

· Registered
2,214 Posts
Price?

I bought my M49 ring trolley from Brent Mullins for $350. It had a bent brake and needed a little TLC but was excellent after a little sugar. I am sure the armor type are much more expensive. Sockets are anywhere between $250 to $400 depending on type, condition, etc. Crane Technologies and BMG parts have good photos of most types of gun mount stuff for trucks, Jeeps, and armor. F

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howdy
Thanks very much for the info. I don't think the one I have has the small wheel on the bottom. Seems that it did have the handle and maybe 2 handles but I don't remember the wheel. It's probably gonna turn out to be a ring mount trolley. I only had it for a short time & planned to do the clean-up when I return to work Monday. I will try to post some pics via nephew
Billy

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Howdy
Went to the shop tonite and have 99% concluded that this is a Ring mount trolley. It has been bead blasted and painted OD and now is soaking in penetrating oil. It should be all loosened up & operating in a few days. Looks to be solid & undamaged. If it cleans up OK will be asking $350 for it if anyone is still interested. Thanks for the help from everybody
Billy

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Howdy
OK, I will post on here when I get it going. Been sick & seem to only have 1 good day for about 3 sick but will get on it this week, Thanks, Billy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.