1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
The theory behind the high angle grip was so paratroopers could fire during the drop.

I’d love to fire those. Wow.
Not to contradict, but that is a common myth. German paratroopers during WW2 used single rigged parachutes that would not be conducive to firing anything during the drop.

The initial thought with the swept grip was to closer emulate the traditional rifle stock grip angle to reduce the amount of time it took to cross train troops. But as you can see it was dropped during the second pattern.

My first parachute landing fall (PLF) was a "Toes/Nose". The fallschirmjager in the picture above just looks like he's gonna eat some serious dirt if the wind pushed from the back. That must have been a wild ride without being able to grab your risers (like when jumping with a T-10C or -1B)... but at least they had the better weapon if surviving the fall!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
No idea how long the wait list is or what time frame, Iv'e been waiting with deposit since Rick first said they would build them around 4years? Mine is #31. call Rick at SMG and see He charges a $100 deposit to get a place in line and that is applied to the balance when the rifle is ready.
Greg

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.