1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2. one is a NOS 1948 dated Brass/steel one that Ive finally got running like a top. Other than the wear Ive put on it loading a few thousand rounds in belts it NEW. No box though.

The other is an all steel 1942 dated one thats in great shape, but its seen light use. It also came with a box that's in average condition. I could use the cash and I bought it thinking I'd sell it and make some $. Of course, its kind of cool having 2 and they're different flavors. I adjusted the needles and it works just fine - I ran thru one new 250 round belt and the boys had trouble keeping up with ammo in the feed shoot!

So should I keep it or sell it?

After the OKFAST MG shoot, Ive decided I need a FA belt fed. The m-16 and subguns just aint gunna cut it (and I already have every damn 1919 spare and accessory as a bonus from the semi's so why not get a FA one?).

Your thoughts????

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
.....one M1918,two M1918

Keep 'em both,Doc....you won't be sorry. As scarce as they are getting,it will be excellant tradeing stock in the future. When it rains,it pours....still putting together the nine I have sought to restore. Better yet,now that you have an original box,build a copy for the other machine and copy the manual for it too. Or you can buy one of mine......

·
Registered
116 Posts
Lately, steel with a box is around a grand. Add one hundred or one fifty for brass. Subtract one or two hundred for no box.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its definitely cool having 2, but then Im a pack rat. I had a thing for belt loaders so I have at least 7 different types for various guns (this doesnt count the duplicates). Im also moving in about 6 weeks so anything to reduce the amount of crap I have to load up and haul to MS will be nice.

Chances are I'll keep it (I almost always regret selling guns or gun stuff later) unless someone offers me a deal to good to pass up.

There was a really nice 1917 at the OK MG shoot that got my pants moist so Im gunna have to sell something if I want to get a beltfed in the next 12 mos...wonder what I can get for one of the kids? afterall feeding MG's is still cheaper than feeding children!:D

·
Registered
312 Posts
gunslingerdoc said:
I have 2. one is a NOS 1948 dated Brass/steel one that Ive finally got running like a top. Other than the wear Ive put on it loading a few thousand rounds in belts it NEW. No box though.

The other is an all steel 1942 dated one thats in great shape, but its seen light use. It also came with a box that's in average condition. I could use the cash and I bought it thinking I'd sell it and make some $. Of course, its kind of cool having 2 and they're different flavors. I adjusted the needles and it works just fine - I ran thru one new 250 round belt and the boys had trouble keeping up with ammo in the feed shoot!

So should I keep it or sell it?

After the OKFAST MG shoot, Ive decided I need a FA belt fed. The m-16 and subguns just aint gunna cut it (and I already have every damn 1919 spare and accessory as a bonus from the semi's so why not get a FA one?).

Your thoughts????
I have a spare and I'm not about to let it go. What if I need parts. These things can't be found at Harbor Freight. However the going price is $1000 or $1200 if you have the box or if it's a brass one. Hard to believe. Life is not fair.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I wish I had two. I just have one steel one with a repro box.

Keep it.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Sell it!
Buy 10-12 sets of needles for the other one and you''re good for a 100 years! Use the $ from the sale to build/buy another nice lead chucker! My $.02 :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts