1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For whatever reason, I had a good 'ol time trimming weeds and moving junk around for a buddy of mine.. I figure some of y'all might understand where I'm coming from.

I told my boy to put his "Army Guy" face on.

Done for the day, plenty more work to do, but it can wait.

This started out with me feeling bad for the 'ol tank-things under the bushes out back. The owner has gone from "Never sell" to "Might sell one" to "See if that one guy is interested, I'll make him a real good deal". It'd be nice to see these get fixed up, but, I can't afford one, and if he sells them then they'll not be around for me to play with :(

Either way, I was standing on top, running the chainsaw, sweating like a pig, poison ivy and bugs all over... having a grand 'ol time.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...my experience...

Tried to get an M113 or M114...but to no avail. Seems every time I tried to make a deal,the DOD guys would confiscate the vehicle before I could finish the deal. Finally got fed up and bought an FV432 British APC. If your buddy would sell one or both of these...LMK. I have the M172A1 25-ton trailer...and the Freightliner to haul 'em. Give him my [email protected] 800 380-4867...my dime. Time is a'wasting for some serious action...and I intend to be more than ready. See avatar...

·
Registered
512 Posts
M114's with what looks like the 20mm coupala on them. Later versions with the plywood front wake boards.

Only good thing about them as being aluminum the bodies aren't rusted through, but I bet the interiors are full of crap without the periscopes in.

Fun vehicles, but a ***** to find parts for.

Steve

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plywood wake boards are the debris on the front ;). The weather was not kind to them. Half the 114's had the periscopes, but they have been sitting for an awful long time. I got all the hatches to open and emptied two of the interiors. All in all, a neat adventure on a Sunday afternoon :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts