1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys;; I bought a nice Sokolov mount from Coles and it took a weekend to strip it but the wood wheels are primo;as well as the rest of it.
Its pretty fun.
Anyway its been about 3 months since i bought it and while putting it all back together i was missing a lever for the clamping ring;; gess I was thinking how the hell did i misplace that?
Anyway I called COLES;; and told Pam my Grief and by god they sent me the part no questions asked.
Now thats Great customer support. A good company to deal with.
Chewy:)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Coles

Gary Cole has allways treated me GREAT ! And has given me great deals over the last few years. I have bought thousands of dollars worth of guns and parts of him and he has allways come threw for me. If anyone has a chance to go too knob creek machine gun shoot or the Louisville Gun shows make sure you stop by his tent or table, he allways has some great deals. Last knob creek I bought 4 1919 barrels from him for 100.00 and they looked almost brand new !! A great company to deal with.:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Holes in Armor Shield of Sokolov Mount

All--

Looking at the Armor shield of my Sokolov mount, I notice what appears to be a bullet impact on the right side of the armor shield. Having found that I looked closer and it looks like there are three other impacts that appears to have passed through the armor shield and later repaired by welding and grinding.

I wonder if the Germans or Finns would aim at the armor shield with AP rounds to get at the Maxim gunners. At 100 or 200 yards you may be able to hear the impact of the bullet on the shield to know that you hit the Maxim gun and/or its gunners. Of course you would probably shoot at the armor shield several times to ensure that the gun crew were hit. Are there any military historians out there to confirm this possible tactic?

--fjruple

·
Registered
74 Posts
Battle Dings

My shield has a bullet dent on the right side. It appears to be sub gun caliber as it just left a dent. Crew served weapons drew fire from riflemen because of the effect on fellow ground pounders.

·
Registered
144 Posts
DLBTAP said:
My shield has a bullet dent on the right side. It appears to be sub gun caliber as it just left a dent. Crew served weapons drew fire from riflemen because of the effect on fellow ground pounders.
i have 2 of the shields and i have looked at several and the shields look like they did a test on them to make sure the worked. both of my shields looked new in the box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts