1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,019 Posts
Chris those stingers are looking SWEET! Keep the updates and pictures coming.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Chris, if you dont mind, how much do you have invested in the rear stock and trigger set up? Id be interested in a modification like that, as would many NY 1919 owners as it would keep us compliant....

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,240 Posts
Nice, Chris. Very nice.

ScottD, I am not up to speed on the NY laws, but one thing to be aware of is that the 1919 becomes a "rifle" once a butt stock is added. It may make no difference depending on the NY legal language, but it does matter in CA. Just one more pesky thing to think about. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Very nice collection.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Are these Full-auto guns ? Would like to see a video of these fired as originals.... 1200 RPM from the shoulder would be awsome. I have the real 303 Brit AN-M2 but no stinger kit.......

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
SWEET!!! very nice work

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are the two that came out of the SBD that belly-floped in the desert around here in WW2 on the way from the factory to the coast. They are non-guns at the moment as the right sideplates have been cut out from the trunion back to just in front of where the backplate slides on. My wife won't let me get a SBD , so.....
as soon as the semi-sideplates become available , they'll be reborn , thus in the semi-auto section.
The stocks are from Sarco's junk pile. Tell MG Dave you need good wood aft the mag area , but the front can be bad or gone. They'll run $20-30 or so. I had Brian (30calmachinegunner ) from here do the stock fitting ,top plate , triggerguard and trigger mods . The backplates are different as far as ledges , triggers , etc. You'll have to see what he can do and get a quote from him.
I would love to be able to run a belt FA through them , but it can never be . Then again , if they had been live , they prob'ly wouldn't have been given to me .
I've spent four years of reading and study and stared at those two fuzzy photos of an original for hours to arrive at my best guess as to how , and out of what , they were made . Lots of inaccurate info out there.
Thanks for all the kind words , makes this worthwhile.
Chris

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
Beautiful job. I wonder if we're now at the point, as with AC Cobras, where there are more replica Stingers than originals. MSG

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
...(drooling...)....too bad they are not the FN30 model,as I have some SA RSP's. Got several kits that need to be put together...might be worth while to do a couple like this. Very nice....very,very NICE....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts