1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Their rules, so good for him.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I was going to turn some junk projects in at out last buyback, but they clearly stated 'gun dealers are not eligible'. 😕

·
Registered
607 Posts
I wonder if they would know, since it is an anonymous drop off.

I stood outside one buy back a couple years ago with a sign that said paying cash for guns. It was a fun day. 90% of what I saw headed inside was people getting rid of something broken or junk. Didn't look like many hardened criminals disposing of evidence. Had one crazy old liberal guy scream at me, and the organizers of the event made some rude comments, but uneventful other than that. I missed a couple really nice military surplus rifles by a few minutes. Some fool turning in grandpap's war trophy. I think it was an M1 Garand and a MAS 49.

Since then the police have started ticketing anyone trying to buy guns on the street outside the buybacks with "soliciting without a license". I know a guy that got slapped with that. He beat it but it cost him some coin for a lawyer.

·
Registered
384 Posts
But, but, but aren't the evil homemade [scary voice] GHOST GUNS what is really driving all the crime? They must certainly be made a priority! On the other hand...getting that broken firearm of the street? Could be more pressing 🤔😕...decisions.

All joking aside what percentage of good working firearms do they normally acquire? And unfortunately actual collectibles?

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
But, but, but aren't the evil homemade [scary voice] GHOST GUNS what is really driving all the crime? They must certainly be made a priority! On the other hand...getting that broken firearm of the street? Could be more pressing 🤔😕...decisions.

All joking aside what percentage of good working firearms do they normally acquire? And unfortunately actual collectibles?
Its usually a mix of Glocks, Ravens (remember them??!) and sawed off shotguns. Ive been told by more than a few guys that the real collectables never back to the police station property books.

Its funny you mention ghost guns, they really ARE a problem here in NY. A few dipsheets were buying a ton of P80 lowers, building them and then sending them off to the streets. It seems we cant go a week here without seeing a news article about somebody getting busted for an unregistered, homemade gun built on a P80 or similar unfinished lower. Fuggin hoodboogers ruined it for us homebuilders here in NY.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Its usually a mix of Glocks, Ravens (remember them??!) and sawed off shotguns. Ive been told by more than a few guys that the real collectables never back to the police station property books.

Its funny you mention ghost guns, they really ARE a problem here in NY. A few dipsheets were buying a ton of P80 lowers, building them and then sending them off to the streets. It seems we cant go a week here without seeing a news article about somebody getting busted for an unregistered, homemade gun built on a P80 or similar unfinished lower. Fuggin hoodboogers ruined it for us homebuilders here in NY.
FWIW, I believe the statistics lump into 1 category "unregistered " they don't care whether it is unmarked receiver, printed, or wait for it...removed serial #. I'll leave the other probable option out since it doesn't get much attention and this being public site. What does it mean unfinished? Ohio language unfinished lower= no shoot. Does NY language =no serial number?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Except that many of the privately funded ones are drained of money and shut down early when people with homemade slamfire and 3d printed guns show up.

It's ruining their plan. Malicious compliance
You just keep believing that. It doesn't matter who's funding it, they have a virtually endless supply of money to propagandize the public with.

Anytime anyone brings guns and they get a bunch of guns to lay out on a table for their "photo op" to propagandize the public with, their plan is working. All the public sees and hears on the nightly news is that a bunch of "dangerous guns" were taken off the street. Fact is almost none of the guns brought to buybacks by suckers came from the streets.

I can't believe that guys who claim to be part of the "gun culture" can be so hard up for money that they'd willingly give their opposition the very ammunition to further diminish their hobby/business/enjoyment. Some guys might walk away from that one battle with a hundred bucks in their pocket and they see that as a net gain...... but the lasting harm they've done to their peers is huge. They've played right into the antigun strategy and plan. When you participate in a farce, you become part of that farce.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those that did not read the article, this is the plastic junk the man turned in.

Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

Reactions: SPC Fish

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
For those that did not read the article, this is the plastic junk the man turned in.

View attachment 119013
I read the article.

What he turned in doesn't matter.....

The generally dumb anti-gun public isn't going to scrutinize the contents of the picture. All they see is a bunch of specimens in a box that look like guns, and are being reported as being guns.

If they were cardboard cutouts with magic marker details on them, the propaganda value is all the same.
Do you not understand that this is a propaganda war to turn public sentiment against guns?

·
Registered
607 Posts
I don't see the harm in handing in a turd, taking their money, and buying yourself some ammo. These events are going to happen if we exploit them or not.

Your efforts to resist the propaganda battle or far more effective in other ways than avoiding the buy back event. Volunteer to support a youth/women's shooting program.

Personally, I wouldn't turn anything in, but I don't take issue with those who do. I'm more interested in hanging around outside and trying to save the few good items that are headed in.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I don't see the harm in handing in a turd, taking their money, and buying yourself some ammo. These events are going to happen if we exploit them or not.

Your efforts to resist the propaganda battle or far more effective in other ways than avoiding the buy back event. Volunteer to support a youth/women's shooting program.

Personally, I wouldn't turn anything in, but I don't take issue with those who do. I'm more interested in hanging around outside and trying to save the few good items that are headed in.
That's because you do not have the courage of your convictions (if you have any convictions at all).

You are riding the fence, seeking temporary personal benefit and trying to clandestinely dodge the ultimate torpedo that will eventually sink your entire ship.

WAKE UP!!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I read the article.

What he turned in doesn't matter.....

The generally dumb anti-gun public isn't going to scrutinize the contents of the picture. All they see is a bunch of specimens in a box that look like guns, and are being reported as being guns.

If they were cardboard cutouts with magic marker details on them, the propaganda value is all the same.
Do you not understand that this is a propaganda war to turn public sentiment against guns?
Your fanatic side is starting to show, lighten up Francis.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
"Remember when people kept their political opinions to themselves because it was good manners??? Yeah those were the days....."

To quote your own signature^^^^^^^^^^^ Ya, just tuck that truth away so nobody knows what you stand for (if you stand for anything).
That is the hallmark of a sheep.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Sorry Finalygotabeltfed, I have to agree with Josh1ofakindxj on this one. I think gun people should be going out of their way to turn in crap to use up the money. Once they run out of money, these things end. If you are tossing them 3D printed crap and rusted broken junk, you are keeping them from continuing to use that money to buy good guns to destroy. Plus you are taking worthless junk and turning it into money you can use to buy more guns. People will turn in guns, this has been proven out. The question is what kind of guns are they getting. This proves its a waste of money, which is the point. You can not stop them from filling a box with guns. However you can run them out of money, hopefully.

Being from Maryland, your point often comes up at my range. Oh we have to worry about the propaganda and they way things look. So they were worried about normal silhouette targets making it looking like we were shooting at people. Of course if the liberal paper gets ahold of pictures of locals practicing shooting at people, that would look bad! So they banned full size Silhouettes at my range for years and only allowed reduced size silhouettes. I permanently ended this. I told them they were so worried about the image they banned what could be viewed at legitimate self protection training and replace it with people shooting "Child size" human silhouettes. They don't have to worry about the local liberal paper talking about people training to shoot people because now they can talk about the people at my range "training to shoot children"! Well it all about stunned the meeting and forever ended that debate. Liberals will twist things the way they need to make their point. You can't stop them from doing so. All you can do is point out how stupid it is and this 3D printed box of stupid toy guns about proves the point!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts