1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You are too funny, no doubt you see an ATF agent behind every tree.
No not at all. What you refuse to acknowledge is that governments large and small are trying to disarm American citizens. They work on propagandizing the public and planting the emotional seeds into the public's mind, that "guns are bad".
This is accomplished by showing the public, pictures of all the "bad guns" that they took "off the streets" to make Joe and Karen public think they are now safer.

You are in complete and absolute denial of what is going on in the gun arena.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
No not at all. What you refuse to acknowledge is that governments large and small are trying to disarm American citizens. They work on propagandizing the public and planting the emotional seeds into the public's mind, that "guns are bad".
This is accomplished by showing the public, pictures of all the "bad guns" that they took "off the streets" to make Joe and Karen public think they are now safer.

You are in complete and absolute denial of what is going on in the gun arena.
Far too much Alex Jones in your life.

Reactions: Aklawok

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
FWIW, I believe the statistics lump into 1 category "unregistered " they don't care whether it is unmarked receiver, printed, or wait for it...removed serial #....
This is my understanding also. To boost their stats, weapons with ground serial numbers are also counted as evil "ghost guns."

Mark Serbu had a similar idea and developed this concept to make money at gun buy-backs: GB-22 Plans - Serbu Firearms, Inc. With a NC milling machine or plasma cutter, these would be easy too.
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It doesn't matter that you or they are turning in a worthless or non-working gun.

It doesn't matter what you or they do with the money they give you.

It doesn't matter if the "gun" you turn in was hastily made from gas pipe and framing lumber or 3D printed out of plastic.
The ones running the "buyback" don't care how much they spend, it's not their money.

They're not interested in getting guns "off the streets" because they know what they're getting was never on the streets.

They do it for the "money shot" of a police chief or two standing behind a table full of scary looking guns.

Their goal is to propagandize and frighten the masses into voting for their perpetual anti-gun agenda.
If you participate in any way, you've helped them and you're the worst kind of freedom hater.

·
13,305 Posts
It doesn't matter that you or they are turning in a worthless or non-working gun.

It doesn't matter what you or they do with the money they give you.

It doesn't matter if the "gun" you turn in was hastily made from gas pipe and framing lumber or 3D printed out of plastic.
The ones running the "buyback" don't care how much they spend, it's not their money.

They're not interested in getting guns "off the streets" because they know what they're getting was never on the streets.

They do it for the "money shot" of a police chief or two standing behind a table full of scary looking guns.

Their goal is to propagandize and frighten the masses into voting for their perpetual anti-gun agenda.
If you participate in any way, you've helped them and you're the worst kind of freedom hater.
You both make valid points on the action itself but you’re stepping in much deeper waters by making the accusations of others character because of a different read on the situation.

I think the more items turned in just increases their funding for the next go round. “We ran out of money before the line was over!!” And the like

but this doesn’t make Kirby and the rest ignorant or bad by just seeing the other side of the argument or placing as much value to it.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Alright. So I dont participate in any way. It still happens. See my point?
Sure it happens anyway, that is a given. The gun community has no control over that. Those putting on the gun buybacks have basically unlimited funding and even minimal take ins is good enough to do it again....the cops working those "buybacks" aren't there voluntarily, most of them are on overtime pay....what's not to like on their end?

What the gun community DOES have control over is their own honor and integrity. And by that I mean not selling that honor and integrity for a few bucks, when doing so exponentially helps those who are working against them.

It's kind of like not selling or giving ammunition to your enemy who will shoot you with it in the next firefight.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You just keep believing that. It doesn't matter who's funding it, they have a virtually endless supply of money to propagandize the public with.

Anytime anyone brings guns and they get a bunch of guns to lay out on a table for their "photo op" to propagandize the public with, their plan is working. All the public sees and hears on the nightly news is that a bunch of "dangerous guns" were taken off the street. Fact is almost none of the guns brought to buybacks by suckers came from the streets.

I can't believe that guys who claim to be part of the "gun culture" can be so hard up for money that they'd willingly give their opposition the very ammunition to further diminish their hobby/business/enjoyment. Some guys might walk away from that one battle with a hundred bucks in their pocket and they see that as a net gain...... but the lasting harm they've done to their peers is huge. They've played right into the antigun strategy and plan. When you participate in a farce, you become part of that farce.
It seems the opposite of what you state has been coming true with this instance. Even the left wing media has been reporting this story on how people are profiting from these buybacks. Showing their ineffectiveness (as the guy can print more and more) along with many future buybacks publicly claiming they will no longer accept 3dp guns, they are showing that they really do NOT care about taking guns (or spooky ghost guns) off the street.

Also, as Indian said, they call guns with scratched off SN's ghost guns as well. So "ghost guns" are not a new issue. And SN's were only marginally effective at proving anything more than whether a gun is stolen or not anyway.

·
Registered
1919a4, Automag, AutomagII, AMT, HK300, .30 enforcer, various ARs and cap/ball bp. +++
74 Posts
the fact of the matter is that gun buy backs are a win-win for BOTH sides of the political spectrum:
the anti 2a will say that if even one firearm that would otherwise be used in a crime resulting in injury/death got turned in it will be worth it. an the flip side, clearing out the scrap iron to buy new stuff is just fine. most of these type of buybacks are intended to lure out "library" guns, what this means is those guns hidden in a drain pipe, under a house, etc. that may already have been used in crimes but kept for communal or gang use. along comes "crack head" mo' who only wants somr cash and happens to know where one may be hidden, presto...one more off the streets. as for "johnie" tuning in grandpa's prized 1921 Thompson for $50...well he deserves to lose it!!! gun ignorant possessors (as the libs want us all to be) are just an accident away from a statistic that can be used against ALL of us! so in the grand scheme of things it means very little either way.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'm good with the person who did this. Monkey wrench their corrupt system...its the only way.
Ya, he monkey wrenched their corrupt system alright.:rolleyes:

Now, the next "buyback" will have another "money shot photo op" for the antigun crowd and $50K more dollars to run it because it was portrayed as a success by those running it and the sheep who support such BS and willingly give up their arms.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Or you could look a the fact that he monkey wrenched them so much so that they will not accept them next buyback! I believe it lead to a change in policy.
Your next time scenario is pointless!! HA!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Ya, he monkey wrenched their corrupt system alright.:rolleyes:

Now, the next "buyback" will have another "money shot photo op" for the antigun crowd and $50K more dollars to run it because it was portrayed as a success by those running it and the sheep who support such BS and willingly give up their arms.
No offense but you sound like someone who does not live near a lot of progressives. I live around Baltimore. You could fill that box with car parts and stick 2 or 3 airsoft and paintball guns on the top and it would do just as well for the liberals being happy that more guns are off the street. They don't know guns. They don't know the difference between a real gun, a prop, a BB gun, a nerf gun if painted black. They look at guns like I look at Pokémon cards. You could have a box of worthless cards and a box with the 20 most valuable cards on top and I would not know the difference... its just a box of wasted money to me. You also see this with protests... you can have 10 a$$holes on the corner for 10 mins and the press will talk about the protest on the nightly news if it fits their purposes. They will be happy to cover up the fact they were just there for the camera and left immediately after it. They will show a tight shot with all 10 people together to make it look like there were lots of people there... They will twist and bend whatever they need to to make it fit. Just like when they wanted to go after ghost guns, all the sudden guns with a obliterated serial count now... You can't win this battle by trying to diminish numbers.

I think its much more effective to do counter stories about gun shops taking every broken gun down to the gun buy back and making money off stupid feel good shows.

The left does not have an issue about lying for the "cause", about distorting things to fit, hypocrisy is not an issues to them, the end always justifies the mean every if its just the end they hope for. They are right, you are wrong and evil and you do whatever you need to defeat evil. In Baltimore they would turn two houses next to each other into one "robbery incident" to cut the numbers to what they wanted to show. That worked except for the murder rate. So then they just started arresting everyone who would be more like to either "get murdered" or do the murdering... on BS charges just so they could toss them in jail for 48 hours and they would be alive after the weekend. Just so they could claim to cut the murder rate. You think they are going to have a problem getting together a box of guns for a photo? Sorry, you are significantly underestimating the enemies abilities.

This is exactly why the Right keeps losing. We care and want to protect the system where the left wants to destroy it and "build it back better". You are thinking like someone who has a rule book and is above breaking the rules. We see getting more of our people to vote as the way to win. They see their people counting the vote being their way to win!

Trust me, the left will have their "money shot photo op" ready even if not a single person shows up to turn it in, if the left wants it that way. The days of liberals who had values is all but gone. They are progressives now and they will progressively change what is right and what is wrong into whatever works for them!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Its funny how people from all sides of the political spectrum view laws and government. Everyone wants to claim to be a law abiding American until a law comes out that they dont like, then suddenly its like "F the Govt, I do what I want, nobody is gonna make me do so and so" and then they go back to driving the speed limit and paying taxes and shopping at Walmart.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts