1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going crazy trying to find some FAL parts I know I have. Today I looked for them in a location I haven't cracked open in five years. Lo and behold what should I stumble over? I found a stash of 4000 rounds of mint, beautiful, shiny brass cased, South African surplus .303 British! Yoo Hoo! The BREN will be barking soon. I still haven't located those damned FAL parts. But, right now I don't give damn.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
...good to know...

...that I'm not the only one...LOL. It's like Christmas every day...finding stuff I forgot I had.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Yup- I do that all the time. Open a box of parts ( sorted by gun type at least) and find something in there I dont even remember having. Found an entire Beretta M9 slide and parts once, finally sorted all my barrels and placed into a decent barrel rack. found 1919 30 cal and A6 stellite barrels . found a can of 303 tracer, 5 gal bucket of 303 on MKII links ( non-corrosive DAQ ball). I look at it kind of like Christmas- opening presents I left for myself.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Last year I found an OEM Chrome door strip for the 1976 BMW 2002 that had been converted to a race car and I'd sold two years previously. I took it to a car show where I thought my buddy with a 2002 would be. He didn't show but some guy I didn't know had a beautifully restored 76 2002. So I gave the strip to my 8yo and told her to stand next to the door with a dumb look on her face. You can guess the rest.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Abominog SEZ: ".... So I gave the strip to my 8yo and told her to stand next to the door with a dumb look on her face. You can guess the rest."

OK, what? Met a pervert? Got a great price? Gave it away? :devillook:

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's just the ammo fairy giving ammo to all the good boys and girls. It is nice enough to give it in whichever caliber that you want :lol:
The ammo fairy is now to be referenced as "Caitlyn".

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Man, one day I hope to have a collection where I find this kind of stuff. I hear all the time about finding guns in the back of the safe! Please let that be me soon!

I don't have a dime to spare, I am constantly maximizing my collection. Meaning if I am losing interest, its getting sold to buy something else I want more. I know a lot of people say they never sell anything. To me thats crazy. For me sometimes the only way forward is to sell stuff from the past. I don't have any regrets. Should I would still love to have some of that stuff but I want what I bought with the money more.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
One of the things I miss about being in the military, every three or four years with moves I got to go through every thing I had.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts