1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
12,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold a transferable UZI on sturm.
guy asks for a small discount. I oblige.
he has a million questions and over communicates. not really a big deal but its a lot.
he then tries to get lower on the cost. then tells me hes fine with the original agreement.

sends payment out a few days to a week later. sends a copy of the ffl he is using but no sot. then sends tat out a day or two later.

eform filed and approved quickly.

i still need paid for shipping. i tell him it will be about $200 for shipping and insurance. I offer to let him send me a shipping label on his own account but he doesn't want to take liability for shipping. continues to fight shipping costs for a week. trying to shave $20 or $30 more off. now telling me how unhappy he is with the transaction. Finally agrees to shipping cost and sends that via paypal a few days later (late friday evening). schedule doesn't really give me the option to ship until late friday or saturday. hes now demanding that I have it to his FFL by saturday.

The guy has already paid so i should at least be happy with that but good grief. This is silly.

pretty sure this is his first machine gun. Wonder who hes going to start harassing at the NFA when his paperwork takes more than a week to approve!

r

·
Registered
447 Posts
Oh I hate new buyers, especially young ones...

I really hate the idiots that waste your time asking for pics and questions knowing what you want for it and come back with an absurd lowball offer. Had some jackass this weekend who has wasted my time, last year as well.

·
12,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
funny thing is that i don't even mind the lower offers. never hurts to ask (unless its like half of real value)

Shipping is expensive. i don't like it either. I did offer to let him use his own account. he was not receptive to that.

if you're going to spend $12,500 in a gun, maybe it helps to have the $200 for the tax stamp and the money to ship it.

I don't like the shipping charges from the auction houses, but crating and professional packaging is expensive and a cost. so i pony it up. if it is coming to me, i can use my work's fedex account so that helps. sometimes when i ship things ut i can, but its a case by case basis. and i normally only do that if i am trying to help a friend who is taking something from me. this guy spent 3 days fighting over $20-30.

Then sent me $199 instead of $200 likely just so he could feel like he "won"

had it not already been approved with the NFA, i would have just returned his money and moved on to another buyer.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yea he would have gotten the big GFYS from me right when the attitude started. It’s such a simple process. The $199.00 is childish and tells you a lot about who you were dealing with.
1. This is the price
2. You send me money/paperwork
3. I send you what you purchased

·
12,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Insurance is the killer for shipping. And I could ship without insurance if the buyer is willing to accept that risk. I’m not

·
Registered
600 Posts
Got into a pissin match over a shipment before. Gun and suppressor ship, only suppressor makes it, shipped in same box all wrapped nice. Was on the buyers label and wanted me to refund his $10,000 till he fought fedex..

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Since he likes to play games..I would tell him that you will not ship until you receive the dollar that was missing from shipping cost... 😉

·
12,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since he likes to play games..I would tell him that you will not ship until you receive the dollar that was missing from shipping cost... 😉
you know me. I thought about it really hard.

his text message this morning about how "this has been a very disappointing transaction"
is what brought me here to vent.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Ask me why I am willing to sell items on the forum for much less money than on Gun Broker.... never mind rhetorical question.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Insurance is the killer for shipping. And I could ship without insurance if the buyer is willing to accept that risk. I’m not
Yeah it is... its out of control. I really wish they would make two types of insurance. Insurance against the package not showing up (cheap) and insurance against damage (the price we pay now). I am only really worried about the first. How can that not be included.... always gets me.

...Then sent me $199 instead of $200 likely just so he could feel like he "won"...
There is your sign. You should send the gun minus one small part... like the recoil springs or trigger spring. Then when he emails you on it, you can tell him that he didn't finish paying and so you have not finished shipping. For the extra $1, you will mail him the spring in the mail! :) I love the guys who worry over the minor stuff.

Of course, with these types, you are better off just getting through it asap and moving on.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
This pains me to read. The ONLY gun left on my bucket list (to own) is a FA Uzi, and by the time I move to a free state they will be priced way out of my league. Rory, your stated sales price seems much lower than what Ive been seeing. You did this guy a favor and he wants to play games with you? Play stupid games...win stupid prizes....

Yeah, I say remove the top cover spring.

·
12,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scott, I have a premay and it’s truly a keeper for me. All the hk fa girls can keep that over priced stuff. I can replace an Uzi barrel in the field in like 10 seconds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh I hate new buyers, especially young ones...
Hey now! You have to take a minute to look at it from our perspective. It takes a bit to pony up the kind of money that transferables bring, especially when we are in the middle of raising a family and everything that goes along with that. I understand that it would pain you older guys to get scammed out of that much, it would REALLY hurt us.

Sincerely,
-Once a young new buyer :)

·
12,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don’t even mind all the questions. It’s the expecting that they can wait and delay and screw around but when it’s the other way around the expectation is immediate and at all hours.
The Bill of sale I provided stated shipping window of up to 7 days after clearing of all funds. He tried to tell me that PayPal (where he sent shipping money) was my bank. Even still he sent it late evening on a Friday. I’m shipping on the following Saturday (7 days)

·
Premium Member
6,615 Posts
I feel your pain Rory I have been dealing with some real winners on gunjoker and just when you thought you have met the biggest idiot out there along comes his inbreed cousin Bubba lol

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
The attitude isn’t just “there” it’s here. Seems we’ve had more than a few new attitudes show up lately.

I think the word is “entitlement”

·
12,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My regular work schedule it hairy sometimes. not like toolman or some others here but it gets difficult for me to leave and work around regular shipping hours. if shipping anything registered you have to do it in person. for this reason i normally tell people i will ship within X number of days. often its 7 and i get it out in the next 2 or so. I asked for 7 in this case because i didn't know when things would happen, and i cant predict if i have to be out of town or something.

I am a bit more patient when it comes to receiving goods. I don't have to have most things next day. When i do, it is very clear.

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
Ask me why I am willing to sell items on the forum for much less money than on Gun Broker.... never mind rhetorical question.
I agree but getting less might change now that GB has to charge state sales tax.

·
Premium Member
6,615 Posts
Talk about cheap I am dealing with an idiot that just bought an M60 kit from me on gunjoker and after two weeks of telling me he sent funds all of a sudden he doesn't have the money?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts