1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally decided I want to put together a semi 50. Any current sources for complete parts sets? I have tried calling and emailing Christos at Gryphos with no return call and it doesnt look like pages have been updated in a while.

Any other sources other than Gbroker?

·
Registered
847 Posts

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Personally, I would wait for Christos to respond.
Unless your in a rush.:eek:
CaptMax

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Will do, not in a big rush, selling a few beltfed kits and don't want money to sit to long or I'll piss it away on something else
I know where a kit is for sale. It's almost all new made parts, from current gov't contractors, as opposed to a vintage kit. Not sure what Christos' prices are these days, but this is an M2 kit, so it costs more than the M3. It's available with either a good, used stellite barrel or new stellite for more money. If you are interested in a kit of that description, drop me a line at rollin13 @ juno .com

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know where a kit is for sale. It's almost all new made parts, from current gov't contractors, as opposed to a vintage kit. Not sure what Christos' prices are these days, but this is an M2 kit, so it costs more than the M3. It's available with either a good, used stellite barrel or new stellite for more money. If you are interested in a kit of that description, drop me a line at rollin13 @ juno .com

I'll shoot you an email in am. Thanks

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
3-5 grand, as an off the cuff estimate.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
3-5 grand, as an off the cuff estimate.
An M3 kit for under $3500-5000k, perhaps. But if you can find a complete M2 kit, in good condition for $5k you should jump at it. A proper WWII kit has greater value for some of us. A kit made of current production parts will be new, shiny and also expensive, because the parts are not cheap to make. Stellite barrels add to value, and there are other variables, like how well matched the kit is.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I have finally decided I want to put together a semi 50. Any current sources for complete parts sets? I have tried calling and emailing Christos at Gryphos with no return call and it doesnt look like pages have been updated in a while.

Any other sources other than Gbroker?

Dang, I was really eyeballing your DSHK you had on GB, if I would have known you wanted a M2/M3 we could have done some sort of trade. let me know if the buyer of the DSHK falls threw.

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
I agree with Lucky13 on this one the WWII vintage M2HB's are about gone and the kit prices have gone north of 5k so if you find one cheaper grab it. If vintage does not matter there are deals out there good luck with the hunt.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I do see there has been exactly one post since july ninth, viewed 4 times, once by me and unanswered. I guess I should have ask, does anyone know a mod there than can re-activate my nearly 10 year old membership?
I just went over there. looks like traffic is all but dead. I did get some EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD help when i did my build, but mostly by email from a couple members I met there.

I PMed the mod over there about you, let you know if I get an answer

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm looking at putting a down payment on one of Christos kits, but can't get links to work on site. From reading here it seems like be patient and you will be rewarded....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts