1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a transferable DLO 1919A4. My plan is to run it in 7.62 Nato, which, it is already set up for.

My questions is where to find spare parts...I am a cautious guy, and while the gun is in excellent shape, I'd like to stack a few spare parts, for a rainy day.

Apex has a handful of spare parts, but I'm specifically looking for a complete 7.62 Nato bolt, an extractor, and a couple Izzy barrel lock springs, which they do not have. I have been coming up empty of my search for those. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

PS: Not looking to purchase a complete parts kit. Just those coupleAttention.

Pic for attention.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Shotgun

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nice setup and congratulations! Peck around and assemble what you need…over time…just like the rest of us 😉
It comes up / watch the site too as members often piece out spares you need. Ravenna, Apex, SARCO, Numrich, BRP (lesser extent for 1919 stuff….) often have varying inventory.
also put out a WTB ad on this site with specific parts requests.
good luck!

·
Premium Member
8,672 Posts
Nobody has the Izzy barrel locking springs but maybe someone here will cut loose with one/ Extractors come up for sale here but are also getting tougher to find so if you spot one grab it. 7.62 bolts are around and I can help you with a complete one less extractor (I don't sell those) if you can't find one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok...I guess I’ll just keep my eyes open.
Nice setup and congratulations! Peck around and assemble what you need…over time…just like the rest of us 😉
It comes up / watch the site too as members often piece out spares you need. Ravenna, Apex, SARCO, Numrich, BRP (lesser extent for 1919 stuff….) often have varying inventory.
also put out a WTB ad on this site with specific parts requests.
good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate it. But the whole reason I want a complete bolt, is for it to have the extractor on it.

Nobody has the Izzy barrel locking springs but maybe someone here will cut loose with one/ Extractors come up for sale here but are also getting tougher to find so if you spot one grab it. 7.62 bolts are around and I can help you with a complete one less extractor (I don't sell those) if you can't find one.

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
Yep...nice set-up you have. But,like the rest of us,get the parts you can find and afford now. Parts are getting scarce and more expensive by the month. Even if you don't really need something...and you can afford it now...get it for future trade or selling.

I advise all my reloading students when going to the range...pick up all the brass left behind and leave the aluminum and steel cases in the trash bins. Even cases you don't reload now...cull,clean,count and bag it. Save for trade to someone ho needs it...or you might need it when you or a buddy get a gun for it.

·
Premium Member
8,672 Posts
I appreciate it. But the whole reason I want a complete bolt, is for it to have the extractor on it.
I shot you a PM but then realized that you are a new member. You need a post count of 10 before you can use the PM feature on the board. Once you reach 10 posts then log out and then back into the board and you can PM members here. Good luck on the hunt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Matt! I'm super excited about it. Have a bit to wait, with the whole NFA process. But Trying to accumulate spares immediately. Scored 2 NIW Israeli 7.62 barrels this weekend for $110/each.

I'm going to snag a bunch of random springs and stuff from Apex, but a complete bolt and a spare extractor are still on my want list.
Welcome and congratulations on the 1919! After you reach your posts put a WTB ad here. This is a great group of gentlemen and they are more then helpful and generous.

Matt

·
Registered
791 Posts
I’ve got a bag of random stuff that consists of most of the small internals and receiver box bits. (Stuff that bolts or pins on, not the major parts). I’ll post it up tonight to see if I can help any.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Congrats on your DLO purchase. It will no doubt give you years of shooting pleasure. Or at least that's what I hear. My DLO has been stuck in the usual paperwork funk but it'll come.
As for the 7.62 barrel locking springs, Toolman is correct. None to be had at least on the usual web sites. I was on a similar quest as you for parts and the last one's I found were on the Numrich site in May of 2021. At the time it was the only place I could find them. They show out of stock now no surprise. As has been mentioned, lots of parts pop up on this forum and I have nothing but A+ positive dealings with folks here. Lastly, if travelling isn't an issue for you, I highly recommend going to the SAR show in Phoenix held 1st weekend in December every year. I've been multiple times since it's beginning and have found all kinds of parts that were not always readily available on the web. It's worth attending just to walk around and browse and it's very well attended so you might have luck finding parts there. Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was at the Wannemaker show in Tulsa this past weekend. Scored a couple barrels, but that was it. There were a few full kits, but I don't want a full kit...

Congrats on your DLO purchase. It will no doubt give you years of shooting pleasure. Or at least that's what I hear. My DLO has been stuck in the usual paperwork funk but it'll come.
As for the 7.62 barrel locking springs, Toolman is correct. None to be had at least on the usual web sites. I was on a similar quest as you for parts and the last one's I found were on the Numrich site in May of 2021. At the time it was the only place I could find them. They show out of stock now no surprise. As has been mentioned, lots of parts pop up on this forum and I have nothing but A+ positive dealings with folks here. Lastly, if travelling isn't an issue for you, I highly recommend going to the SAR show in Phoenix held 1st weekend in December every year. I've been multiple times since it's beginning and have found all kinds of parts that were not always readily available on the web. It's worth attending just to walk around and browse and it's very well attended so you might have luck finding parts there. Good luck!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Dolf’s series of books is great place to start And get lost in! Pick up a few TM’s (training manuals) and overhaul and maintance manuals Reprints are available. Look for videos, Head spacing and Timing your 1919a4. Learn and use headspacing outside the gun and inside the gun. Stick to military issue equipment ( tripods ) for known strength and durability, repro equiptment loaders and tripods from well endorsed sources only as this stuff is already high dollar so don’t regret later. Ammo- ask around from several sources who actually shoot the guns, you don’t want to drop several K on ammo that is not in spec quality like overal length too long or too Hot or weak. There are two opinions in this world and they come from two different tribes- pre-sample opinions and transferable opinions so understand that difference while you are proceeding along. Attend shoots where known owners of other guns like yours will be as they might be your best help when an issue arises at the range, build experience means going shooting to sponge it up. Plus transferable shooters have a certain level of BS they are willing to put up with and good to follow their lead. You have to also be diligent to know what you have and the laws around it, and the fact if and how to professionally deal with a situation like getting pulled over or a range visit be the LEO, this might sound dumb but practicing that will help you be confident and avoid a LEO untrained in proper handling. Get to know and visit your legal council who specializes in firearms and criminal law, bring a list of questions with you ready to ask. Ask him how she/he feels about guns, let them know you have a special class of firearm and see if they know what two classes there are, you would like to make sure that you follow all laws or more accurately not violate any local and state and federal ordinance or laws In the jusristions you may be. Ask them where they shoot? Give them opertunity to join up for a day shooting so they get much more curious confident and serious with you, have fun and teach them something too. Joining sportman clubs and being active in your area, joining military historical organizations give you that much more creadabilty all around. I can’t tell you how important it is to join a firearms rights group too like GOA NRA and on your local level too. VCDL has been a very important group in my area and nationally too who also have great resources. When new to anything, identify your weaknesses and work to resolve those, but in our case sweat the small stuff too.
Aaron

·
Registered
948 Posts
My first advice is take the shorty barrel set up and pack it away or sell it. They will beat your gun up, Post sample owner don’t care and would rather beat their gun up for the trade off of the effect of a fireball effect. You can’t see what you are hitting anyway so its more of a party trick, admitting its a cool party trick to pull out occasionally but not recommending this for YOU. The gun is a blast enough already. I just saved you 2K and a 1 year separation while being rebuilt. I bet you would have not expected the good free advice to start paying off so quick. It would be kind to extend the merit in shape of a good rating which is also free to you to give back when ever it fancy’s you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts