1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Dolf’s series of books is great place to start And get lost in! Pick up a few TM’s (training manuals) and overhaul and maintance manuals Reprints are available. Look for videos, Head spacing and Timing your 1919a4. Learn and use headspacing outside the gun and inside the gun. Stick to military issue equipment ( tripods ) for known strength and durability, repro equiptment loaders and tripods from well endorsed sources only as this stuff is already high dollar so don’t regret later. Ammo- ask around from several sources who actually shoot the guns, you don’t want to drop several K on ammo that is not in spec quality like overal length too long or too Hot or weak. There are two opinions in this world and they come from two different tribes- pre-sample opinions and transferable opinions so understand that difference while you are proceeding along. Attend shoots where known owners of other guns like yours will be as they might be your best help when an issue arises at the range, build experience means going shooting to sponge it up. Plus transferable shooters have a certain level of BS they are willing to put up with and good to follow their lead. You have to also be diligent to know what you have and the laws around it, and the fact if and how to professionally deal with a situation like getting pulled over or a range visit be the LEO, this might sound dumb but practicing that will help you be confident and avoid a LEO untrained in proper handling. Get to know and visit your legal council who specializes in firearms and criminal law, bring a list of questions with you ready to ask. Ask him how she/he feels about guns, let them know you have a special class of firearm and see if they know what two classes there are, you would like to make sure that you follow all laws or more accurately not violate any local and state and federal ordinance or laws In the jusristions you may be. Ask them where they shoot? Give them opertunity to join up for a day shooting so they get much more curious confident and serious with you, have fun and teach them something too. Joining sportman clubs and being active in your area, joining military historical organizations give you that much more creadabilty all around. I can’t tell you how important it is to join a firearms rights group too like GOA NRA and on your local level too. VCDL has been a very important group in my area and nationally too who also have great resources. When new to anything, identify your weaknesses and work to resolve those, but in our case sweat the small stuff too.
Aaron

·
Registered
949 Posts
My first advice is take the shorty barrel set up and pack it away or sell it. They will beat your gun up, Post sample owner don’t care and would rather beat their gun up for the trade off of the effect of a fireball effect. You can’t see what you are hitting anyway so its more of a party trick, admitting its a cool party trick to pull out occasionally but not recommending this for YOU. The gun is a blast enough already. I just saved you 2K and a 1 year separation while being rebuilt. I bet you would have not expected the good free advice to start paying off so quick. It would be kind to extend the merit in shape of a good rating which is also free to you to give back when ever it fancy’s you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts