1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there are any recommended sources for Browning 1918 belt loader parts.

I may have scored a loader - but I think it's going to be missing the cartridge guide - so I would like to find a source for one.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
L999here has most of the parts for the loader . Don't know if he has made any guides. Many people use the tray type as it is faster when the rounds are not in 5-round strippers.
Chris

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
L999here has most of the parts for the loader . Don't know if he has made any guides. Many people use the tray type as it is faster when the rounds are not in 5-round strippers.
Chris
I have looked around a little - and I haven't seen anybody listing the guides.

Forgive my ignorance - there's a tray type? Are there anywhere I can read up on what the differences are?

·
Registered
485 Posts
You have to make (or have someone else) the tray type. Get with L999here or BainMO and if they can't help you I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
The tray type is an after market add on. It slides onto your little feed tower on the top of your loader and is a wedge shaped flat tray coming up over the loader with a slight upward tilt to it. Loose rounds are placed on it with the bullets forward and gravity runs them down the tray and they roll off into your feed tower . As the rounds are fed into the belt , gravity feed more from the tray just as it does from a guide.
I looked here with the search functions , but I can't find a thread with one in it.
Chris

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Just as a reminder for 'men-of-the-cloth' and those who wish to join us....read the 'sticky's' at the top of the 'belt-loader' forum. There is a parts/price list for the 1918 Browning Belt loader. I have every part for these loaders and most will interchange with the 1895,1918,1928 Colt Argentine and the WW2 1918 type. I also sell a manual and an original style transport case (wood box). Contact info is also listed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts