1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Watercooled Addict
2,067 Posts
The armorers kits used to be available from oow, but the cleaning kit is a pretty rare bird.
I dont have any cool 1917 goodies though:(

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Geally great collections guys.

·
5,467 Posts
Collection

Nicest I've seen

·
Mouse Machine Works
1,992 Posts
Ok....
Stop it....

Now you guys are just being mean. :eek:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
bmbrzmn101,
Really neat box. Could you post dimensions so I can build one? What is the other tool roll next to the M-13?
CLP, The other tool roll is the M-12 tool roll. It is designed to hold

6-m2 cleaning brushes
3-asst drifts/punches(.08,.12,.18 Dia)
1-parallel jaw/side cutting pliers
1-MKIV ruptured cartridge extractor
1-Bore reflector
1-Combo tool

And as to the size, It's external dimensions are the same as the wooden ammo box. I'll try to get dimensions soon. Chris

·
Registered
677 Posts
Beautiful! I see I have a long way to go!

Not to hijack this thread, but do any of you master procurers know where I can get a replacement rubber eye cup for my Zeiss Nedinsco sight?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Those are great parts box's. I would love to see photos of the labels on the inside of the lids. GCG

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I just thought i would add this dimension pic of the box for people to get an idea of scale if they want to make their own. Any questions feel free to ask.Chris

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
And yes my MS Paint-Fu needs lots of work. Enjoy anyway. Just save image then zoom. Chris

·
Registered
753 Posts
I was thinking about posting that I finished a couple of pages about this chest and this topic showed up again.

I got the 49-1-82 chest from Uncle Dad. It's a very nice chest. The pages show what goes in the parts chest during different era's, and a list of spare parts in later SNL's that dont really show what specifiacly goes in the box. I think the WW11 era chest would have been the steel chest M5. So whatever spare parts you could cram in the box is fine.

Other opinions and information about these chests are welcome. If you can scan some info or if its not to long of a chapter type it and send it in an Email and I will get it on the webpage. Give you credit for whatever its worth.

Other pictures of M5 steel chests with different handles than mine would be nice.

Link to Chest Spare Parts 49-1-82

Craig

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Craig , great job on your site!! I would like to pester you a little about the gun record books you have. Is there any way to get a scan of the internal pages for reference and how large are the books since they are to be carried in the chest? Thanks for your assistance. Chris

·
Registered
640 Posts
Craig,
Very nice website. I have an M4A1 handcart. I will get pics and info so if you want you can add it to your website if you want. A friend also has one and I will get his info also. I also have some original handcart pictures somewhere that I will get to you also. I have several variations of the M5 chest. One even has a steel handle and blue writing. I will get you some pictures of those as well.
Do you have any information on the M1 Armorers chest? I have two variations of this but no information on what goes into it. It is a very big box so a ton of stuff must be kept in it!

Thompsongunner

·
Registered
753 Posts
Chris bmbrzmn101

I will work on the info for the gun record book. They are about the aprox size when you blow them up on the screen. I will get an exact size.

Thompsongunner

Any information you send would be great. I have a few other things to to do ,but I was planning on doing a page on the M4/M4A1 carts. I though I was going to get my M4 cart done for the convention in MVPA convention in Oregon, but I will just have to be happy with the M1 mount/cart.

Thanks for the compliment. Might be able to get the cart done if I would get off the computer.

Do you know what the chest number is. This comes out of SNL B-16 1943, LIST OF ALL PARTS OF ARM LOCKER, ARM RACK, ARM REPAIR CHEST, AND PISTOL CLEANING KIT.

I think this is it. There is no picture in this SNL, but a list of items.
ARM REPAIR M1917 (20-20-19)

Craig

·
Registered
640 Posts
Craig,
The chest I have says (I think..going from memory) "chest, armorers M1". It looks like a big metal tool box with a double sided lid. It has a top tray as big as the box and then is all just open underneath with no dividers. You can see where inside of the lid had a contents label, but it is long gone. I am assuming it must be for repair of many different weapons. I am just curious if anyone would have a list.

Thanks for your help, Thompsongunner

·
Registered
753 Posts
I was thinking about another chest. I will have a look. I just grabbed that SNL before I went to work. See if I have anything. After all the Military didnt use "M1" that often so it should be easy.:rolleyes:

Craig

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hey TG, can you post pix of the chest? If you don't know how I would be happy to post for you if you would like. That way we all get see what it looked like:D . Let me know if I can help. Chris

21 - 40 of 58 Posts