1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I made mention of a company called Military Specialties, Inc., Newington, CT. They have three type Spare Parts Pouches on their website fo $8 ea. I ordered several of each; the M10, M12 & M13.

They arrived by USPS this morning and they are NICE! All of them are in new condition and are manufactured in WWII with date stamps. The M13 was made in 1942 and treated for rot in 1962. If you need some pouches, give these folks a call as they are really nice to talk with and ship fast! Here is a link to the page with the Pouches: http://www.militaryspecialtiesinc.com/web/US/WW2UsPacksPouches/US_Pg1_PacksPouches.htm

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Abwehr

I went to Sportsman guide this morning to exchange the M8 bag. They brought out another one. Same deal. Too short, 24 inches, looked like an older one kind of prewar khaki. I got my money back. The funny thing is these bags all look like new material but they have all been tampered with. I still think it is possible they were factory rejects that somebody decided to stitch up and sell for what they could get for them. That may have been years ago. They may have even been English made as England made a lot of web gear for the U.S. during the war.

I have bought stuff from SG for years and have never had a problem with returns. They sell stuff at discount in their warehouse show room. I recently bought two like new A4 30-06 barrels there and a couple hundred links.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M8 Case

Armorer.

The Cases were shipped back to SG yesterday and I will keep an eye out for the refund. I did find cases courtesy of "ktrip" at Ohmah Supply. The price is acceptable considering they are good stuff and only a couple of dollars more than SG. Here is the link to the website: http://www.omahas.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=66

These are M9 cases, but that is fine with me; they will protect the new condition barrels I have.

I will still deal with SG as this is the first problem I have ever had in the 5-6 years I have been buying from them. I don't know who will buy these demilled cases, but it is s shame this happened, they are in new condition and would be a decent deal IF they were any good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts