1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD: 1928 Water Cooled Kit, with Several Matching Parts

Well, looks like gunbroker doesn't get a cut of this after all! Kit is SOLD.

Gentlemen, I have a kit that is being sold for a customer. The jacket number is 35, and the matching components include the top cover and rear sight assembly, the lock frame and the barrel extension. The receiver is not matching, and has no Colt's markings. The bolt is number 88 and there are a mix of other numbers amongst the parts. I have put pictures up on photobucket, at the link below. We are asking $2,250 for this kit. It is in very good condition, with one significant ding on the jacket. The jacket had been painted black, so I have not seen what's underneath. But we believe it was in a museum and painted there, rather than being done to hide something. That's common for museums, for some reason. Some of the components have been replaced, as they had been modified for a dummy gun assembly. All parts included are correct spec for a live gun build, all in very good condition.

It is rare to find this many matching parts still together, so we think this is a pretty nice kit for a semi build. Let me know if interested, as this will be posted on gunbroker pretty soon. Just wanted to give a shout out here before we list it on auction. Thanks!

http://s232.photobucket.com/user/DualFeed/library/1928 Colt Kit?sort=2&page=1

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sold to COLTMAN! Thank you, Sir.

And Porter, I know you are responsible for this. Dang, that means I have to thank you too! :D

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Lucky#13, I knew this wouldn't last long.
Congrats to both buyer and seller!! :handclap:
CaptMax

·
Read Only
836 Posts
Lol

My ears started ringing around the time of your post so I searched craigslist for a towable air compressor as I'm on the hunt for one. Then I happened to to see your post, randomly, and almost responded "I'll take take it" but a gonadectomy consequence is not an option right now.

Congrats Jeff! :firedevil: you'll need to stop by and see all the crate full of accessories your gonna need to get now:devillook:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks everyone...

Porter.. I'm sure my box of parts will never catch up to yours! Where to start... that is the question.

·
Read Only
836 Posts
Porter.. I'm sure my box of parts will never catch up to yours! Where to start... that is the question.
You can start by firing up the credit card and daily stretches of your pointy finger so you don't injur it using the computer mouse. Get a backup mouse is where I would start... Muah ah ah ah:cashwallet:

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's all boxed up and shipping today. Thanks, COLTMAN. Will have pricing on that accessory package soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great kit

Thanks so much... it made it safely... I got the accessory box too... It was a pleasure doing business with you again Lucky.. I'm really looking forward to the build.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts