1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the spring buffer in their full auto 1919 vs. the disk buffer? If so, any change in rpm and are you still using the spring buffer? Thanks for any input.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Yes, in my full auto testing the spring buffer actually slows the gun down. I think it absorbs more of the beating on the rear of the gun too, but have no scientific way of proving that.

As to still using, I was trying to go the opposite direction so I swapped it back out. But on a gun that one is running steady, and not worried about the slightly slower rate, I think the spring buffer is a good idea.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Just think of it as an ammunition extender and fun time multiplier. Slow full auto is fun, ask anyone with a 1918A2 BAR. Besides, its full auto and that is cool. j

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Huh... I've got an original setup from Doug and never tried it yet. Mebbe I'll have to try it out at the Marietta Shoot this fall.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Huh... I've got an original setup from Doug and never tried it yet. Mebbe I'll have to try it out at the Marietta Shoot this fall.
Shattered, by all means. Any extra feedback would be great to add to the experience base. I've used both an original as well as the repros that mt-ac and I did. It was with the lightweight aircraft gun internals that I was last trying the spring buffer, thinking it would aid in increasing the cyclic rate. I was surprised to find the opposite. Would be nice to see what you find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts