1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
A gathering of thousands may scare some, but .gov released airline passengers on a N.Y. FL flight with a confirmed infected passenger. Makes no sense to me but what do I know? https://www.foxnews.com/health/passenger-jetblue-new-york-florida-coronavirus

People are already hoarding discretionary funds. Gunbroker sales have dropped markedly. I wonder how much money my retirement accounts have lost; I’m afraid to look, knowing it’s north of $100k. And with a bear market quite likely staying (though COVID will be over in months) it will takes years to recover that loss- if it is ever recovered. Many are in the same position.

I think the net impact on KCR is that many people won’t attend- not out of concern for bodily health, but for cash liquidity security.

·
11,078 Posts
and in that case, kcr may be in a financially better position to cancel to reap the benefits of a hardship from the feds

·
Registered
13 Posts
Businesses involved in the event should be taking a close look as their business interruption insurance and any special event insurance, paying particular attention to any exclusions thereto.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,989 Posts
And you know who is smiling through all of this? European leaders, Democrat politicians and Xi Jinping. A bunch of hype over something that will end up killing as many Americans as an average year of gang crimes in Chicago. As opposed to the tens of thousands the generic, annual flu kills regularly, while we don't think twice about it. Obama's response- or non response- to the H1N1 was to wait until 1000 Americans were dead from the disease, and yet there was no massive media hype, shutting down of travel or mass cancellation of major events. The most dangerous virus we have is the media, which is spreading propaganda to suit their own political agenda. Wall street will recover much of the losses before the year is out. In a few weeks- when people realize that 99.9 percent of those infected with COVID19 recover like they would from an average cold, that nearly all those dying are elderly with preexisting conditions, and when the numbers prove this was never that dangerous to begin with- the economy will roar back. Meanwhile, the hit our economy is taking will be shown to be unjustifiable and it will be the media that is to blame. The Europeans are smiling because they hate Trump, as do Democrats, and Jinping because he can't manipulate the American President as he could the last few. But we will see far fewer infections because Trump acted quickly, while China buried their head in the sand and refused offered help, and Europe all but invited the virus in.

Abominog- this is a buying opportunity. Quoting Kirby from the "Shortages" thread:

...in 2008 when the stock market tanked I bought shares of CAT and AAL when the bottom fell out of both. The price of the CAT stock I do not remember but the AAL stock was at .22 cents per share. Several years later after the stock market recovered that investment of a few hundred dollars paid for two full auto belt feds.

I will gladly do it again if the market continues to drop.
I plan on seeing y'all at KCR.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The whole thing is political. The media knows when the public think things are going good, presidents get re-elected. When things are going bad, they get tossed out of office. AND we all know who the media wants. So, they will be hyping every little bad thing for the next eight months.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I expect to see the COVID-19 patient numbers jump up dramatically for Denver.
Reason being is they now have drive-thru testing stations.
The more tests you run, the more COVID-19 patients you find.
Italy looks bad now BECAUSE they ran so many people thru the screening test.

The Mayor of Colorado Springs is only deciding on city run events, any private fund raiser or commercial event will be left to make their own decisions about cancelling.
Denver is a different story...I expect next weeks BIG TANNER Gun Show to get cancelled.

Remember the fuss about liability insurance for Knob Creek vendors?
I wonder what they are thinking about now, the Creek is only sanitary by third world standards.

Richard

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
You guys want to hear a corona virus joke????

Never mind, most of you wont get it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

The Mayor of Colorado Springs is only deciding on city run events, any private fund raiser or commercial event will be left to make their own decisions about cancelling.
Denver is a different story...I expect next weeks BIG TANNER Gun Show to get cancelled.

I wonder what they are thinking about now, the Creek is only sanitary by third world standards.

Richard

I seriously doubt any vendors will be bankrupt if KC is canceled. The show has been canceled before.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

Richard
Denver's FREE drive thru COVID-19 testing:

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/national/coronavirus/colorados-first-drive-up-covid-19-testing-facility-opens-in-denver-is-free-of-charge

Richard

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have read that the Ohio Gun Collectors Association meeting, and the NRA Annual meeting are now both cancelled.
Today the State of Ohio banned public gatherings of more than 100 people so OGCA would have been shut down anyway even if they had not acted preemptively.
The Medina Gun Show (a commercial show) was fully planning on being open this weekend, then at 1600 they were forced to shut it down.
We already know about all the sporting event cancellations, and the President has cancelled his rally in Denver.
What is next?

Richard

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I loaded up on cheap equities today. Of course, prior to that I’d already lost a lot of money in more conservative investments. But buying low now, expecting them to continue to drop. My big concern is if Biden wins, the economy won’t bounce back- and certainly not the stock market.

Gosh I feel like I need an Apex A6.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Michigan just closed all of the public schools until April 6. That is going to screw working families over big time as they will have to scramble to find child care or stay home from work.
Steve

·
Registered
101 Posts
As of this morning Knob creek posted the “show will go on” with a gun blasting the coronavirus.

I’m sure this could change but I would guess the cancellation would be the weekend before or very close to when guys pack up and leave for the show.

·
11,078 Posts
with a small number of states banning larger gatherings, I don't see this slowing down. other states will follow suit. I would plan for a lower number of people at KCR, if they have it. and for the vendors, this means less of a reason to be there in the first place. which then drives lower attendance and participation. i will not be joining.

·
Registered
452 Posts
How do you stop a fire from spreading? You cut off the oxygen to it. Guys I can almost guarantee that the shoot will be canceled. As much as it sucks it needs to be done. Needs to be rescheduled for a few months from now. As many of you have witnessed in the last few days everything is either being cancelled or rescheduled. More and more people are working from home. If we want to get this virus under control so it doesn’t linger for the rest of the year you have to take drastic measures and stop the spread and you can’t stop it with people traveling from state to state. My brother and uncle are now home sick having recently traveled to Ohio and Tennessee on business. Maybe just a regular cold, maybe not...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yesterday many Governors announced bans on gatherings of over 100 or 250 people.
In my County the schools are all closing as of Monday next week, will they reopen before the summer?
The Governor of Kentucky asked that all Church services be suspended!
That didn't go over well since it was the only restriction from the Governors office.
Today the CDC announced a warning against all DOMESTIC travel to reduce the chance of the virus spreading.

Every day another measure is announced.

Richard

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The Apocalypse is upon us, we are all going to die before the month is out.
Now that the CDC has started warning against DOMESTIC travel no one will be able to attend your funeral.

Richard

21 - 40 of 102 Posts