1919 A4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,990 Posts
Oh heck - I died 2 years ago - I just haven't told anybody yet.......

I'm gonna let it be a surprise to many.........

:thanks:
Terry, I was wondering why you have not made a recent appearance to Knob Creek. You were long overdue, but I guess it's hard to make plans, given your condition! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Too much gloom and doom for me to think about but I am hoping the show will go on but we will see shortly. Brass I am sorry to hear of your passing I was looking forward to sharing a Yuengling at the creek with you when you finally found your way back there.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
We are living thru a declared pandemic.
The President has declared a national emergency.
Many state Governor's (like Colorado) have declared a state level emergency and banned gatherings of people over 100 thru 250 (depending on the state)
Reading across several firearms forums, every big (and small) gun show and shoot is cancelled.
Every event that draws crowds is cancelled and every location that draws crowds is closed.
Public schools, Colleges and universities are closed or going to on-line classes.
Many businesses are telling employees to tele-commute or just not come to work.
Foreign travel is now highly restricted.
The Gov is suggesting (now) that citizens refrain from any domestic travel.
I just wonder what restriction is next?

Closures are no longer news, it is just expected.
If I had to guess Knob Creek is waiting to be shut down by the state rather than making that decision themselves.

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I just talked to my daughter In Philly and Montgomery county has travel restrictions as well as many other so it seems every level of government is panicked over this and for what? Have I missed something but I thought only four people have died from it and they were elderly? I plan on calling the creek tomorrow to see what is going on but are any members here in that area that could keep us posted?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,990 Posts
By this point in the H1N1 pandemic, tens of thousands of Americans were infected and 1000 were dead. It had to get to that point before Obama bothered to lift a finger. Most of the COVID19 infections here are sourced from Europe now, no longer China. Hmm, looks like banning travel from China several weeks ago spared us a lot, while the Italians and Iranians got hammered by their Chinese contacts. Now we are banning the Europeans, given many countries there lost control by doing too little too late. H1N1 killed a mid-range estimate of over 12,000 in the U.S., back in 2009-2010, while tens of millions got the bug and recovered nicely. Now, it's just one of the semi-annual flu strain regulars. Another wonderful gift from our buddies in Red China. They are so generous.

I understand the KY governor has ordered an end to church services for the next few weeks, so he is one step away from banning large gatherings altogether. I think Richard is right on the mark, with regard to KCR waiting for that to happen.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-state-coronavirus-survivors-advice-dont-panic-take-proper-precautions

·
Registered
77 Posts
We are at the very early stages of this pandemic in the US. Conservative estimates are that there will be about half a million fatalities within the next few months in the US...but given the poor state of the healthcare here and the total lack of proper response from the administration, my guess is that it's going to be a lot worse. I hope that I am wrong...but am afraid that I'm not. This is an extremely contagious virus that spreads exponentially so it's pretty straightforward math to estimate the ballpark figures regarding its impact. I'm sure there are still some people who believe this is a hoax, which is fine with me...everyone is entitled to their own beliefs....

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
Terry, I was wondering why you have not made a recent appearance to Knob Creek. You were long overdue, but I guess it's hard to make plans, given your condition! :rofl:

toolmanm203

Too much gloom and doom for me to think about but I am hoping the show will go on but we will see shortly. Brass I am sorry to hear of your passing I was looking forward to sharing a Yuengling at the creek with you when you finally found your way back there.
Yeah.....I found little problem in getting this old carcass delivered from WI to KY -> to KC via a meat wagon, but getting volunteers to haul my ugly A$$ around once I got there has proved to be difficult. :D

It's still on my bucket list to meet up with you guys [and a few others] at least one more time - probably not this spring though.....:eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
It would be the local dealers and small local crowd. We have air fair and motels booked and would be nice to cancel to get some money back and I can't see it getting any better in the next two week so pull the plug like Tulsa did and regroup for OCT.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So when do we think Knob creek is going to be cancelled or postponed? I just saw they postponed the Kentucky Derby. Only a matter of time in my opinion.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,990 Posts
I have been watching both the Knob Creek site- which doesn't seem to be kept up to date all that much- and the KY government site with the updates on their handling of the coronavirus. So far, other than specific things like church services and dine-in restaurants, they have not issued an order to cancel gatherings over a certain size, like many other states have done. But I do think it will be cancelled, one way or another. Based on the state's restaurant policy, there will be no place to go and eat, except perhaps for take-out. That might apply to the KCR cafe too. But the odds are just not in favor of the event, and attendance would be pretty sad even if it did go forward. Some vendors are likely to cancel, as well as many normal attendees.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Suggestions of restrictions on domestic travel, CDC now saying not to gather in groups more than 50, and now entire counties with millions of citizens locked down for 3 weeks. I don't think I even want to be away from home at this time.
I bet now you can call any hotel around the Creek and find they have rooms available.
I am sure Gina has spaces / tables available too.

Richard

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The CDC can go to HELL, Remember their the ones who published unreliable data on gun injuries a few years back. People are still using it anyway. I do not trust anything from them.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Its just the flue people. And actually its not even a very good one either. Heard some nurses in a response center pissed off at how the media is propagating the fear and all the over reaction. Go with the facts not the delivered emotions. Its not worthy of an epidemic, but the elderly do need to be extra cautious.

Mind your immune system and don't let it drop on you by going out in the cold without warm cloths or extremely stressful activities. Who is to say you don't already have the flue bug already dormant just waiting for the right time to take advantage of a weakened immune system. If you take care of yourself you will be taking care of your immune system.

I think decisions are being made now by the CDC and the administration to deflect the political blame game. Many news stories I heard coming from the lefty media and their pendants were calling it Trumps virus. What I want to see is Trump giving all that money back to the budget, we just got robbed.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts