1919 A4 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
At least they are no longer blaming Bush !!
Remember when H1n1 was the worst thing since Spanish flu? Then Tziki virus, then Ebola, "flesh eating bacteria", E.coli, equine encephalitis, bird flu, and on and on. None have ever come close to the adverse effects of the annual influenza outbreak. As of yesterday, the US has 3,802 cases in the entire country a total of 69 deaths. This gives an i fection rate of 11.5cases per 1million population. Pretty underwhelming numbers for the level of panic involved.
I wonder what the narrative would have been if the Hildebeast had won the 2016 election??
Mike

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
update..

guy,s here,s some direct news from across the pond, let me say i was kind of sceptic myself when i heared all the news, at that moment we did not even had one single case here...
but in all honesty i need to say, right now i aint feeling comfertable at all...
since the first person was diagnosed having the corona virus / a bussenisman who was in the italian area at that time/
about 3 weeks ago, we now are at roughly 1500 confirmed diagnosed infected people, we alreaddy have 24 who died because of the virus, and that was the update from last weekend, in the mean time figures went up higher.
our goverment has one concurn, a complete outbreak with the result that ALL ic units in the hospitals cant keep up and dont have any beds available
most patients that are at ic units right now, are been kept in a artificial coma, and ALL of them are on respiratory equipment.
no need to say that there wont be enough respiratory equipment iff we have a complete outbreak
then you need to face the problem, who do, ore who can we help... be aware that this wil be the biggest problem
most hospitals dont have this kind of equepment to help out like 500 patients.... in general most hospitals wil have anywere from pherhaps 20 to maby 40 respiratory sets available, never enough when a complete outbreak is there. and beside that ALL patients need to be put in quarantine ..
i,m not that wurried about myself, my health is ok, i am more concurned about those who alreaddy have medical problems..
we overhere in holland have one of the best medical facilities, and even something like this hit,s everyone by surprise.
my booked fleight was cancelled, so for sure no KC for me this spring,
hope at the fall show we wil be able to travel and come over..

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
guy,s here,s some direct news from across the pond, let me say i was kind of sceptic myself when i heared all the news, at that moment we did not even had one single case here...
but in all honesty i need to say, right now i aint feeling comfertable at all...
since the first person was diagnosed having the corona virus / a bussenisman who was in the italian area at that time/
about 3 weeks ago, we now are at roughly 1500 confirmed diagnosed infected people, we alreaddy have 24 who died because of the virus, and that was the update from last weekend, in the mean time figures went up higher.
our goverment has one concurn, a complete outbreak with the result that ALL ic units in the hospitals cant keep up and dont have any beds available
most patients that are at ic units right now, are been kept in a artificial coma, and ALL of them are on respiratory equipment.
no need to say that there wont be enough respiratory equipment iff we have a complete outbreak
then you need to face the problem, who do, ore who can we help... be aware that this wil be the biggest problem
most hospitals dont have this kind of equepment to help out like 500 patients.... in general most hospitals wil have anywere from pherhaps 20 to maby 40 respiratory sets available, never enough when a complete outbreak is there. and beside that ALL patients need to be put in quarantine ..
i,m not that wurried about myself, my health is ok, i am more concurned about those who alreaddy have medical problems..
we overhere in holland have one of the best medical facilities, and even something like this hit,s everyone by surprise.
my booked fleight was cancelled, so for sure no KC for me this spring,
hope at the fall show we wil be able to travel and come over..
Hi John, was hoping to meet you this year at the Creek show. Sorry none of us will be attending. At least it is springtime in Belgium where you live, I still have some snow on the ground here. Hopefully it’s melted today. I hate to see the show cancelled but what I save on travel, car rental, & hotel room will allow me to do more online shopping. Anyone have any Thompson parts for sale?
Be safe, CaptMax

·
Registered
677 Posts
I am definitely not going to KC. Why take the risk and then bring home an infection to my family? And i hope Dolf does not go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,992 Posts
I got a call a few hours ago saying it was cancelled................
A call from the range directly? Just want to clarify.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,992 Posts
Thanks to Kirby sending the link, I read an interview with Kenny from yesterday. He said to watch KCR's Facebook page for the latest. Well, now it's official. The Spring Knob Creek is cancelled.

KNOB CREEK MACHINE GUN SHOOT & MILITARY GUN SHOW CANCELLED!

At Knob Creek Range we thank you for your continued support and patronage. KCR has decided to follow the state of emergency mandates of health experts, local authorities and our President to cancel the Machine Gun Shoot and Military Gun Show. Cancelling the show will help prevent further spread of Covid-19 and we consider the health, safety, and well-being of all our staff, shooters, vendors and spectators during the recent Covid-19 outbreak.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/knobcreekgunrange/posts/?ref=page_internal

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
I anticipate a deluge of "bummers" are going to hit us in the coming months. Severe illness and loss of lives to be included.

Let's hope for mostly just show cancellations and a wedding ceremony or two....maybe even a "retirement party"! :eek:

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,992 Posts
It was thru a friend who had just hung up with Kenny. So I guess it was actually second hand info. Still a bummer though!!
Thanks, Brad. I had been holding off booking airfare until I knew it was a sure thing, fully expecting this to happen eventually. Yes, it's a bummer and I'll miss the opportunity to see you and all our friends at the event. But at least I know what I am doing the next two weeks now!

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I am definitely not going to KC. Why take the risk and then bring home an infection to my family? And i hope Dolf does not go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I talked Dolf out of going finally last night and since he was flying and in his current condition there was just no way I was going to allow it. He finally agreed and I called him earlier today to check on him and he was ok with it. I am glad they cancelled. It is a bummer but what can you do? I will put a no creek creek thread up next week for members here, not the same but with all of the shows, work and school cancellations we will all have a little time to catch on projects right?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I normally only go to the spring creek, but I am already making arrangements to go to the fall shoot instead. It will just give me more time to save up money!

Steve

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Thanks, Brad. I had been holding off booking airfare until I knew it was a sure thing, fully expecting this to happen eventually. Yes, it's a bummer and I'll miss the opportunity to see you and all our friends at the event. But at least I know what I am doing the next two weeks now!
Hope your Creek boots are still stowed away where they have always been.
See you guys this fall.
CaptMax

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,992 Posts
Hope your Creek boots are still stowed away where they have always been.
See you guys this fall.
CaptMax
Sadly, about 3 or 4 Creeks ago, we found that the hotel had redressed the room a bit, and our hiding spot was discovered. The boots and other items were lost forever. :(

Then again, with the pole barn having received the concrete floor upgrade, the need for boots is not what it was. I just wear my regular shoes now.

Look forward to seeing you in six 1/2 months, CaptMax!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Looking at our "work" calendar, today was the scheduled drop off of our rental truck.
Normally we would have been loading our pallets of product this afternoon.
0DT on Tuesday my guys would have been on the road for Kentucky.

Instead we are having conversations about the shop stockage of cleaning products, manpower, schedules and the proper procedures for wiping down all contact surfaces and the beginning and end of each day.
We are managing to keep up with our increased order volume, I am glad we have been refining our processes for the past few months!

Richard

61 - 80 of 102 Posts