1919 A4 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
:wavey:

See everyone in October!
This morning we (in the office) were wondering just which hotels and restaurants in that area would still be in business when the fall show comes around.
I know "Waffle House" just closed a lot of locations.
In the past a missed Knob Creek show had a real negative impact to the area economy.
Combined with the general economic downturn there will be businesses in that area that will close for good.

Richard

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Looking at our "work" calendar, today was the scheduled drop off of our rental truck.
Normally we would have been loading our pallets of product this afternoon.
0DT on Tuesday my guys would have been on the road for Kentucky.

Instead we are having conversations about the shop stockage of cleaning products, manpower, schedules and the proper procedures for wiping down all contact surfaces and the beginning and end of each day.
We are managing to keep up with our increased order volume, I am glad we have been refining our processes for the past few months!

Richard
You could work from home. Put a POS terminal and coffee can in the warehouse, and declare a two day mega sale. You sit at homemade with a cup of coffee and the video feed to the warehouse and answer questions.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
When the bridge washed out but that has been at least 5 years IIRC?
I seem to remember the bridge being "broken" and their was a temporary crossing, and the flood that rendered the bridge unusable.
It has been some years!
I remember the following show the locals saying they had spent money to prepare of the show, and lost big when it didn't happen.
Right now even the military isn't traveling, who will be staying at those hotels?
The Knob Creek shoot is only 1 of many events hosted at the range, hopefully the boost in sales at the shop will cover the loss of income.

Richard

·
Registered
187 Posts
It was April of 2012. I remember my daughter sending pics of the flooded area/washed out bridge and commenting "Good Luck!". I think she got the pics off of Knob Creek's facebook.

When the bridge washed out but that has been at least 5 years IIRC?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Time to share!
Who showed up at Knob Creek anyways?
I know someone out there didn't get the "word" or knows a friend who was wondering why the parking was so awesome!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I am still waiting to read about the great deal someone got because they went to the creek anyways and found a guy who showed up with a pick-up truck full of parts and ammo they really needed to sell!
There is always a post about a deal that I missed during the Knob Creek weekend!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
So, what are the odds that the October Knob Creek show will actually happen?
October will be the "flu season" that we are now being told will be bad.
The Governor of Kentucky doesn't seem to be interested in getting "back to business"

Also, around here we have hotels and restaurants that have failed, places that are closing for good, and a lot of people who are not willing to fly anymore.

Our largest in state gun show promoter has lost the venue!
The property owner isn't willing to add the "COVID-19" risk to the risk that comes along with every gun show.

Richard

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Outside of NYC, even there, COVID hasn’t even close to widespread exposure. October should be about right. On the other hand, they are figuring it out. Today it’s not spread on surfaces. And NYC study shows medical staff with PPE have 2% exposure. It’s clearly people hanging out in enclosed spaces. KCR isn’t enclosed per se. the shared hotel rooms may be an issue.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was told that Knob creek very recently called some of the long time vendors and ask them about October. Prior to hearing that I thought it was a sure thing by October. Though here in eastern PA we are still under a mandatory state at home order. I don’t have a clue how many business will not open back up. It is really going to change the landscape.

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I heard two days ago they are already talking about canceling the Fall Creek which I think will ultimately happen so it looks like no creek for 2020. I know Dolf is going to be very upset but knowing him he will just plan on going next year and the year after.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just can’t believe they are talking about it this soon. If it was August -September I would understand but why are they talking this early?

No Creek I’m coming back out to SAR west!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
At the end of a Spring KCR I remember asking Gina when they start planning / working on the fall show.
She said they had about a 3 week break.
Cancelling early I expect would save them money and a lot of time.
Who knows what they are hearing from their contacts at the County and State level.

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I vote SAR show in Phoenix in December, Covid-19 doesn't like the heat that much....
If Dolf is up for it I will be there as usual and it may be the only show some of us will see for the year. While the weather is not the same I guess we will all have to suffer with the sunshine and lack of mud and rain until next year.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If Dolf is up for it I will be there as usual and it may be the only show some of us will see for the year. While the weather is not the same I guess we will all have to suffer with the sunshine and lack of mud and rain until next year.
The APEX parts trays won't know how to act without the annual fresh layer of Knob Creek dust!
I don't think AZ has locked everyone up at home like other states.
They had a mall shooting yesterday so people must be out and about.

Richard

81 - 100 of 102 Posts