1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was completely unsure of what I "had ta have" when I went to the Creek. I had no real list other than small 30 BMG parts and "maybe" some Vickers stuff. The first thing that caught my eye was a 1918 Colt Vickers jacket that was crushed pretty bad. Made a mental note. Did some walking and came across a 1918 Colt Vickers trunnion. Lightbulb. I started digging and came up with 2 1918 Colt fussee covers (which would make 1 good one), the correct backplate, top cover and a handful of small parts. I decided it was fate and searched hard for anything else I may need to complete it. Other than the cage, lock, barrel and feed block I found everything else at the Creek. I do not have 11mm internals so it will live in .303. Also I've decided not to build it into a functional gun and leave the original right side plate alone. Down the road I will make a left side plate and weld it to the existing - it will be for display only. Well - for now.....

I also picked up a beautiful Aussie water jacket and a bunch of other Vickers parts - almost enough to complete another kit. So now the hunt continues....

Glad I didn't take a list!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
...tempting...

Might have been tempted to get that aircraft Vickers and parts....but never saw it,as i did not get there until sat AM. Nice find...well done...!! Really want a Colt/Vickers for my 1917 Machine Gun Cart display. Already have original 30/06 Colt/Vickers bbls...just need the rest...LOL.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Looks fantastic Dave! I saw the jacket there for sale and wanted it myself, glad it found a good home.
Was a pleasure meeting and speaking with you as well. Keep posting pictures as the work progresses.
CaptMax

1 - 7 of 7 Posts