1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks everyone- I’ve got a beautiful A6 belt fed ready for the range, but no barrel to install - USPS lost the one I had coming
Please let me know if you can spare a .30-06 A6 barrel
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
If you have an A4 .30-06 barrel that you wouldn't mind getting reprofiled into A6 configuration I can help. I have done it before. That may be your best option right now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roger that - I’m starting to think you’re right lol. What does that machining cost?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Greaser on here can also help. I bought a 308 barrel he turned and is awesome. And a very attractive price point.. And he also machines your barrel.

There is a couple on gunbroker from parts kit depot

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have one. Marked 7162295-11, P, RIA. Exc + condition inside and out. Has been fitted to a gun, but no noticeable wear on parkerize on either bearing surface and the bore looks mint. This is a stellite lined barrel and has the typical dimple on the breech face that retains the liner.

$275 plus USPS shipping from 48114 for 8 lbs. I'll take paypal FF, check or postal mo. Shipping next bus day except for personal checks which wait to clear.

PM me if interested.

Regards,
straphanger

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have one. Marked 7162295-11, P, RIA. Exc + condition inside and out. Has been fitted to a gun, but no noticeable wear on parkerize on either bearing surface and the bore looks mint. This is a stellite lined barrel and has the typical dimple on the breech face that retains the liner.

$275 plus USPS shipping from 48114 for 8 lbs. I'll take paypal FF, check or postal mo. Shipping next bus day except for personal checks which wait to clear.

PM me if interested.

Regards,
straphanger
Next if Cantrell doesn’t want it. Thanks, Dan

Reactions: cantrell

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol right - actually it was good ole USPS - strangely it just disappeared after reaching a processing center. It may end up in the Atlanta based ‘dead letter office ‘, so I’m told - and from there I understand auctions eventually take place. I have to wonder how much valuable stuff is auctioned off for pennies on the dollar.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Did you get any money for your loss....I had a 30-06 barrel brake threw the box on a USGI kit I bought...I went to the UPS hub to see if was found in the truck and was told tough ****..sorry for your loss...I contacted the seller and was told the same...He was a well respected member here , so I decided to just take the loss rather then make a stink about it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah it’s being worked - eventually as the insurance processes. No issues. At least it’s replaceable.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you haven't found one yet I have this one I could probably let go. It was going to be the seed for an A6 project, but I never followed through. Barrel markings are: RK 7148400 4-66 A-P M. Has some pitting at the muzzle end. Gages as shown in pictures. I don't know what it's worth, but I guess the crew here probably could answer that.

Steve

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Many thanks Steve - I ended up buying one from a forum member / but thank you! You guys are all awesome. I’m sure someone will snag that.

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
Nice barrel Steve it appears to be NOS from the gauge pictures and it is a stellite lined barrel so I would say 300-400

·
Registered
78 Posts
If I can find it I have a one also a gun shop owner gave me not knowing what it was and neither did I. WIll get numbers off it sometime tomorrow and edit this post. I have had it for many years till I learned it was a A6 barrel. I do not have any gauges as shown above but I think this one is new.
Mark

1 - 18 of 18 Posts