1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the size/pitch/length of the stock spring screw for the clip under the handle?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Not sure but I believe its an 8-32 X 3/8" or so. I'll pull one out later if someone else dont post an exact mesurement

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's an odd one.....I believe the original screw for the T&E spring clip is an 8-64. Good luck finding that bugger!

An 8-32 will work though.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
Yep, Emory has it right. It's 8-36. The TM says 1/2" long, but I think 3/8 would get the job done. Sarco lists the screw, but I am not sure it is really the correct pitch. Have been meaning to order a few to see.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
Texas!!!!

Hey Emory,

Thank you for learnin' me about the ways of the Lone Star State. I'm fixin' to learn all I can on account of my plannin' on movin' out there in the next year or two.

You know, I keep a tellin' folks that I am from the South, but for some reason I can't figure, they don't seem to pay me no mind. Hey, Southern California's the South, ain't it? :confused:

And ol' Hott better git himself back down to Texas before he turns Yank on us. I'm worried about that boy... :D

BTW- e-mail sent on the screws.

-Rollin

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
Emory, I got the hardware today. Absolutely perfect! Thank you so much.

-Rollin

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Lucky#13 said:
Hey

And ol' Hott better git himself back down to Texas before he turns Yank on us. I'm worried about that boy... :D
Shoot, boy, I'd go campin on Brokeback Mountian afore I'd turn Yankee. The snow is kindly purdy, though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts