1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at an antique shop this afternoon and they had a what looked like a Garand stock,it was in great shape but the front sling mount was riveted to the wood!
Is it Italian? Or did someone else do this after the war?

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't even think about that! Mine has the black synthetic stock so I don't think of them with wood. Since he only wants $20 for it I think I'll grab it and hang onto it in case I want to redress mine! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Yeah, 20 bucks is for a M14 stock is a steal. Gone are the days of 'Freds M14 gun stocks' when you could get walnut stocks for 45 bucks.

Now you are going to have an extra stock to fill. Woe is you. 😅

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Next week you are going to tell us you found a great deal on a hinged butt plate.....

And so the build begins....

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Yeah, 20 bucks is for a M14 stock is a steal. Gone are the days of 'Freds M14 gun stocks' when you could get walnut stocks for 45 bucks.

Now you are going to have an extra stock to fill. Woe is you. 😅
Man I miss Freds used to buy them by the dozens, walnut, synthetic and birch 😃

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Man I miss Freds used to buy them by the dozens, walnut, synthetic and birch 😃
Those were my broke college years! Id drool over his SGN adds. Stacks and stacks and stacks of seemingly endless M14 stocks. His grading system was awesome at times. '1)New, 2) Really New, 3) Unissued New, 4) New with Wear, 5) Used but New looking, 6) Used with wear but looks new.......

'What cracked me up was all his 'are you a rifleman or a cook?' nonsense. His entire 'riflemans' course of fire was basically 'if you can shoot a 1 inch group at 25 yards, you can shoot with precision out to 400'. Yeah, great in theory, but not in practice.

And, not for nothing, but I dont think Fred ever served a day in his life.

No real vet would ever talk $hit about cooks.

• Haha
Reactions: GBYENKO
1 - 8 of 8 Posts