1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Unfortunately I know who this is. This is pretty bad. The crooks might not know how bad they effed up. Theft of NFA is ten years in the pokey, period. Almost none of this is salable through any normal channel. They will be caught. Stupid shits.

·
Registered
695 Posts
We can only hope it will be soon.
We have seen more break-in in the area as well. Lot of drug related crime.
Radio today said heroin overdoses are at 50 already this year in Maine
Steamer

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
if they took the safe, then they knew it was there to begin with and brought the right kind of vehicle so they can can haul it out. like a truck

although we like to just chalk up firearms theft as a happenstance, it rarely is. someone knew or heard of him having a lot of guns, he may even inadvertently told someone, maybe the thief himself, we all like to brag about our collections to anyone that will listen if the subject of guns comes up.

or it could well been a family member, close or not so close that's on drugs and sees a golden opportunity to get his druggie pals to help in the theft, especially if they know the family schedule, work, vacation. all families have a druggie or a low life scum somewhere in their family tree, if you have a large extended family, well that just mean there will be more then one of those low life scums.

my bet it was a "inside" job, rather then someone just breaking it and it was just blind luck they broke into a gun guy's house.

then there is the whole "social media" craze, ie FACEBOOK, where not only do people put in their vacation time etc.... but also post about the guns they have. stupid, stupid, stupid.

I will leave you with this; for every one person you tell that you have guns ie. family, friends etc..... that number exponentially increases as they tell someone else, who tells someone else etc.... and if you put that on a "social media" site. well, you just told everybody with a computer what you have, what your schedule is and your address.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Considering all the law enforcement agencies that that will be looking for them, they will surely be caught in a hurry and will be put away for along time.They certainly came prepared for what they took and must have known what was there. It would take a miracle to get away with it.J.R.

·
Registered
787 Posts
This is the main reason I put cameras outside of my house (all around and in my toy room), DVR and access via iphone. Easy to do and well worth it. Everyone should consider this. Or at least one of the simple ones that does not require DVR, wireless. May not be the complete answer but it helps

Wally

1 - 6 of 6 Posts