1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other members heading to Sturgis this year? Any military related sites to see around there? We've been there numerous times - done all the rides to Deadwood, Spearfish, Custer National Forest, Rapid City for the bike shows, Rushmore and Crazy Horse memorials, Devils Tower, Sundance (burnout), etc. The Buffalo Chip had a machine gun shoot a few years ago but I don't think they're doing it anymore. Always looking for something new.

Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm not going to the rally, I don't think my KLR650 would fit in with all the chrome:rofl: Anyhow there is a awesome steak house in Pierre called Mad Marys in downtown Pierre. If you drink try a Buffalo Sweat beer with their rib eye! I was up there a couple years ago on unrelated business.:mad:

Anyhow, good steak good cold dark beer and some cute waitress.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
You didn't mention the Badlands, that is a must see if you haven't done the ride, and we also hit a town called Hewlet (SP?) WY on a one day ride years ago. Pretty interesting "topless" days parade back then - not sure what it is today.....

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Motorcycle money = money better spend on guns to me! :) Unless your motorcycle has a gun mounted on it. ;)

One of the few bikes worth owning... in my book! :)

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Rode...

Went to Sturgis,SD every year from 1990-2008...and rode every mile. Still have the '76 Electraglide and an Indian Chief,as both have been there numerous times. Chief is a better ride...smoother,quieter and I can actually get better mileage than the Hog. I really 'roughed' it every year...stayed at Ellsworth,AFB in a 3-room suite...LOL. Those who ride will always know....those who don't...won't.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Motorcycle money = money better spend on guns to me! :) Unless your motorcycle has a gun mounted on it. ;)

One of the few bikes worth owning... in my book! :)

Its a awesome feeling in a full lean dragging the foot pegs while riding twisties. But I'll agree that a mg mounted on a sidecar would be awesome as well. Hummm...... KLR650+SIDECAR+MG I wonder how much that will cost? :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
Its a awesome feeling in a full lean dragging the foot pegs while riding twisties. But I'll agree that a mg mounted on a sidecar would be awesome as well. Hummm...... KLR650+SIDECAR+MG I wonder how much that will cost? :D
If you can drag footpegs on a KLR you're a tougher man than I.

Let me solve your math dilemma, not that you asked:

KLR650+SIDECAR+MG = URAL PATROL

URAL PATROL = $16,000 + MG

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Not to get off track, but I rode with a guy in our group, and almost every year he would do the run out of Custer park from the top down in neutral with the engine off, scraping his pegs every chance he got. His bike was called big red, and it was a 1974 1/2 model - we had a hoot doing those runs. I was on a 91 Ultra at the time decked out with leather fringe all over the back end. Burned 2 quarts of oil each way - there and back. Ouch!! Maybe you saw us there!! :D

During a ride through the Badlands

Meeting up at the campgrounds....

A pit st0p at the Slash J Bar & Grill on the way there.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts