1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello any one know where you can get sub caliber 35-mm M73 training rocket for law and if this is legal to own i have been searching but cant seem to find much info on the legal part any info whould be great

·
Registered
32 Posts
rarely they show up on gunbroker. But otherwise I know there is someone in the US that has a supply of them.

nothing illegal about them AFAIK

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
They fell into a weird area because there was a small spotting charge in the nose that comes very close to the ATF's definition of weights and payload. There hasnt been much attention to the matter because they are so damn rare nowadays and the ATF must have blessed off on them.

Fish, is your guy going to share his hoard or you going to just keep us in suspense?

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I see them at the creek from time to time but never really payed attention to what they sell for but they do turn up.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
2500.00? I had no idea they were going that high. I sold one at the creek three or four years ago for 500 IIEC but with no rocker, I guess I should have sat on it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
2500.00? I had no idea they were going that high. I sold one at the creek three or four years ago for 500 IIEC but with no rocker, I guess I should have sat on it.
It was a super nice collection of LAW items. I wish I had saved off the pictures that the seller posted.
Yeah, it went for more than what I was willing to pay. I'd like to have one of these and a couple cases of rockets.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
back in the 80s when I was stationed at Ft. Stewart, Ga. the post TRAINING and AUDIOVISION SUPPORT CENTER (TASC) fabricated a sub-caliber L.A.W. rocket that fired a .45 caliber tracer round.

they sleeved a expending and fully extended tube with 66mm diameter aluminum tube that had a long .45 cal barrel in it, and rigged it so that when the shooter pushed on the trigger bar the round would fire and everyone could observed the round going down to the target.

it was pretty clever, wish I had paid attention how the round was fired, all I know is you loaded the round in the back, swung up a modified back cover where the firing pin was, locked it in place

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
back in the 80s when I was stationed at Ft. Stewart, Ga. the post TRAINING and AUDIOVISION SUPPORT CENTER (TASC) fabricated a sub-caliber L.A.W. rocket that fired a .45 caliber tracer round.

they sleeved a expending and fully extended tube with 66mm diameter aluminum tube that had a long .45 cal barrel in it, and rigged it so that when the shooter pushed on the trigger bar the round would fire and everyone could observed the round going down to the target.

it was pretty clever, wish I had paid attention how the round was fired, all I know is you loaded the round in the back, swung up a modified back cover where the firing pin was, locked it in place
The AT4 has a similiar conversion. There was a small breech mechanism that fired 9MM. I only used it once and Ive never seen them again. Ive been searching for a way to replicate it in my (demil) Spanish Bazooka for years.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The AT4 has a similiar conversion. There was a small breech mechanism that fired 9MM. I only used it once and Ive never seen them again. Ive been searching for a way to replicate it in my (demil) Spanish Bazooka for years.
yeah, that would be the way to go if you are going make a sub-caliber for a AT tube, if to make so it fires a round.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts