1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the site goes down for a few days, it's because like many people, I'm waiting for my check to come in, it's late, and I do not have the funds to pay site hosting fees until it gets here. Getting paid once a month sucks, especially when it's running late, which is beginning to be the norm. The site is due to get cutoff today (10/19/2011). Not complaining, just wanted to let you know what's going on, and if anyone can spare a few bucks, I'll pay the hosting fees and get this taken care of immediately. Paypal is [email protected]

I have lowered the cost of paid subscriptions, featured ad subscriptions, and have added a supporter subscription for those of you who actually make decent money off this site.

My apologies---the economy is still killing me, I was laid off two years ago, still working freelance for the same company that laid me off. I support myself and two family members, one of which is still looking for work, another who is working two jobs, but has yet to receive his first check. I have faith, but have my feet planted on the ground.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Paypal inbound. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Funds sent. Keep this thread at the top, mods make a sticky for now? I hate seeing how many of us are struggling in this supposed wonderful economy.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I understand struggling all too well. Donation sent via Paypal. We could not learn all this stuff without your help so keep up the fine service and Please do not feel bad about asking for help to keep this forum going.
Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
C'mon guys. I know there's a lot more of you out there who could spare some pocket change for Shots. How about it?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Shots , Just sent you a donation.. I can not afford alot but hopefully it will help

Just checking is your paypal listed under Ayla Concepts, Inc? Just want to make sure it went to the correct place

This may help.

I was once a webmaster of my own sites , The largest was a ghost story website ( before Ghost Hunters ) I had a pretty large site with hundreds of my own pages and hundreds more of user submitted stories and content , Including video , audio , chat rooms etc. I averaged about 5,000 hits a day and around haloween i could easily hit 20,000 in a day. My bandwith and hosting fees went through the roof the more it grew. I was in college and working full time at walmart so i could barely afford to keep it going. What i ended up doing was researching companies that paid per click and per view for banners , I found a few companies and placed the banners on my sites , The month after doing so my site actually turned a profit for the first time since i started it about a year before. At my sites prime i was clearing a couple extra hundred a month after paying the hosting fees and bandwith. Have you thought about adding a few extra banners to the site, I am sure a few added banners would not bother anyone if they knew it was helping to keep the site open =) Please no Pop ups though =)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Paypal Sent 12:32 EDT
Didn't really think it necessary to post it. Maybe others felt the same way?
To anyone who sells anything on this site, think of the money saved by not using eBay or gunbroker.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Payment inbound!!!!

This is a great site with some super folks and the shared knowledge and hard work of Shots is appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I would like to take a moment of this thread to say, "Fucking Awesome!!" to those who beat the rest of us to the punch and kept this
site from going down.

This place has the coolest Band of Brothers on the Web!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts