1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took the beast to the range again, this time oiled the heck up...fresh buffer disks in the back and hopefully loosened up trigger return plunger. Two shots then nothing, 4 shots then nothing, 1 shot then nothing. So I rack the slide again and shoot until it has a malfunction, then push forward on the trigger and it resets...bang...keep doing that and it ran fine. So I take it apart, adjust that plunger spring down and now I need to restock my ammo can. I brought a 250 round belt with me and its gone :rofl:
I've never gone through big ammo that fast haha...not having to reload is cool until you see how fast you can go through it.
I shot it and pulled the remainder of the belt out of the can to see how much was left and it wasnt much...maybe 30 rounds which I was NOT expecting:eek::eek: so I went ahead and finished it off.

https://youtu.be/g6DDHLavXXA

14441032_1283620261683200_3876806071406815891_n.jpg
14453993_1283618218350071_334521295_o.jpg
14489616_1283616818350211_1901859977_o.jpg

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And I thought it "grouped" pretty good for rapid fire at 50 yards. Just a plain tripod with T&E...no sandbags or anything, just seeing what it will do. It was a good day.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it'll be fairly smooth sailing from here on out. When I spoke to McGuire about springs asking if he had some of the bent wire style, he said he'd never had issues with the plunger style but would send me some wire ones because I asked for 'em. Looks like as long as its adjusted down good and oiled, the plunger continues to work. I'll add the wire springs to a backup parts kit and hope I never have to use 'em.

·
Registered
7,850 Posts
As always - we love it when a plan comes together. :D

Congrats - glad you got the trigger reset issue resolved. Happy days!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Me too...glad it didnt need anything crazy.
And tomorrow when my linker shows up from belt fed frog...I can link up a couple hundred more rounds aka about 2 minutes of shooting :rofl:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Now the fun starts.....

Now that you're able to quickly empty belts it becomes an almost endless cycle of link shoot, link shoot, link shoot....
Oh wait, I need more ammo...
Oh wait, I need two 1919's.....
Oh wait, I need much more ammo...
Oh wait, I need more barrels.....
Oh wait, that's enough typing for me.
Be sure to check out and join our therapy sessions😇
And there doesn't seem to be any chance of a cure.😎

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I can see that being an issue. At least I'll have a linker tomorrow (now that this blister on my finger is finally almost healed) so I can link away!

P.S. I'm accepting ammo donations :help:

·
BeltFed GURU
4,411 Posts
adamsredlines,
Links feed into chute double rings first IIRC and you will need to link 4-5 rounds before it auto indexes the belt with each operation of the linker ,remember it is Brand New and only linked 20 rounds to adjust it for you :D so there will be some hiccups until it is worn in !!! If the rounds are seating too deep you can drill and place a stop pin so the pusher lever stops at the right place .

Read the manual !!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was trying to figure out what the heck you were talking about then realized you're referring to the linker...not the rifle haha. Makes a lot more sense now!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Congratulations! Getting them to run right is half the fun (after the fact). lol
Great video, there's nothing like the sound of a belt-fed. Links and casings flying is sweet music to my ears!

Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts