1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a T&E for my 1919 ,everything is the same on it as my other 1919 T&E except the the clamping U that ride's on the traversing
bar is larger and will not clamp onto my M2 tripod.
Could this T&E be for the 50 cal.?
Are the T&E's for the 1919a4 and the M2HB the same except for the
traversing bar clamp?

XDIVER1

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey XDIVER1,

Yep, that would be the .50 cal with the larger U body sleeve.
And nope, the 1919/M60 T&E and .50 cal T&E parts don't interchange. Except for little pieces like the Traverse scale (not the shaft, just the scale), traverse ratchet plunger & spring, washer, locking nut, Helical Spring/lock lever and receiver mounting pin. The 30 body sleeve is too small to thread on to the 50's elevation shaft. The traverse Yoke and thread on the 50 is larger and won't thread through the 30's center Yoke screw...it's also shorter than the 30 Yoke...among other little size differences throughout.

I've tried with 2 complete units to see of they'd mix match the major parts.....No go.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I will trade you a shoot1919A4.com T&E for the one you have if you decide to not want it. I have modified mine to fit on the traverse bar like a standard T&E would by cutting the saddle area open so it slides onto the bar instead of haveing to take the bar off.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arisaka San

That's what I thought but I hoped different.
Thank's for the reply.

Jim

Kaotic
I don't think so!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wow that was quick , I wondered just how long it would take before someone jumped all over that little comment I made. :D HA HA HA HA :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts