1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an original pintle and repro tripod for my sa 1919. Question is, do I need a T&E? I've never inspected one up close to see how it works, and my knowledge of it is limited to "the thingy that keeps the gun level on the tripod".
Does it allow movement up/down left/right within certain fields of fire? Or does it simply lock down in a position until adjusted? I'm not sure if this is something I "need" for shooting jugs at 100 yards with my semi-auto.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I dont have a T&E (yet) also. For me I dont need one for semi auto fire,,if I get a crank or like product it would be great to hold firearm steady. If you have different targets to fire on I think a T&E on a semi/full auto would be a hinder. You would have to keep adjusting it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
T & E

I agree with Tommygunner. Without the t and e you have alot of freedom in your field of fire. I think the cranks definatly need the t & e. I have the same set up as you for re-enacting and I can tell you that a t&e in the field is just a huge pain in the behind. I am however looking for one for displays and living histories. It all depends on how you shoot I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
No you don't

No you don't really need one... The idea behind the Timing and Elevation device was to deliver a pattern of Full Auto Fire from a set point and to be able to make minor adjustments left and right up and down in minutes for long distances and to be able to hold and direct that fire there as well as straffing left and right on the traversing bar... Other than that it just holds the gun in a ready position... I like it because it holds my gun steady while loading belts or working on it while in the tripod now when I'm shooting I don't really use it unless I'm adjusting the sites. Now if you want an econo T&E look at this website www.shoot1919a4.com this guy manufactures an econo version inexpensively that will work with the M2/122 tripod as well as other tripods for those that are not detail oriented...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts