Got the ATF stamp and weapon yesterday. I have done the following:

- Full disassembly and cleaning
- Installed 54R top-cover
- Installed Izzy modified lock frame timed between 0.072 & 0.074 inches
- Installed 54R front cartridge guide
- Installed 30-06 booster
- Installed Izzy spring for 54R barrel
- Installed Recon Ordnance Spade Grips
- Head-spaced weapon via the breach method as per instructions - Placed reference ammo into barrel by way of the 54R bolt t-slot, engaged cam pin when bolt was all the way forward, twisted the barrel firmly with the spring disengaged until the connection between the barrel and barrel extension was tight, checked the "tight spot" multiple times before backing out 1 click.
- Linked up some 54R in Izzy links
- Right rear cartridge stop is Izzy

I think I'd be ready to roll if I had a mount. I have a custom mount in fabrication, probably a month out or so. Never thought I'd get the stamp so fast. Paperwork sent to ATF on 6/18/15, check cashed on 6/24/15, stamp approved 7/30/15, Weapon in hand 8/10/2015. In 2012 it almost took 7 months from check cashing!

One of those moments that I had to sit back and relish the accomplishment of a lifetime goal - Submachinegun and belt-fed in safe!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Wow! That was fast! CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

I'll lend you an Izzy A6 kit (bipod, stock, carrying handle) until your mount is finished. Of course the spades would need to come off. That way at least you can shoot the thing!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Congrats NBC LT, good to see the BATFE is more expedient these days.
I am sure you will be enjoying that for many years to come. Please post some pictures too!!!
I have two guns I want to form 1, hope they are approved as quickly as yours!!!!
Again congratulations!!!!
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Congrats on the toy. I like mine very much. Glad to hear the paper went quickly! We had an MP40 go 4 weeks letter to letter! Enjoy it and shoot the crap out of it. J

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
CaptMax I've had a few form 1's get back to me in 60 days +/- a day or two. Some say it's even faster with the E-filing system, but I've not used it to date. They have been very quick the last year or so.......

Pictures are always nice - especially a new 1919. :)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Congratulations on getting "approval" for your new toy so quickly!!! No that we should need approval to practice our God-given rights, and not about to admit the gummint is becoming more responsible, but that was an excellent time for clearance turnaround. Wish I could remember how long it took my first one in pre-may '86. Now, stock up on ammo -- 'cause these ARE "the good ol days!"

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
As an aside , when the Marines deployed their first version of what became the Stinger , they added a BAR bipod to the booster and fired it prone , inline with the gun , using the spade grips it had . I don't think they had sights mounted on them at this time , though .
Chris

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
you know you can "john wayne" the 1919A4 - just shoot from the hip. you need a solid hold to prevent "limp hipping" it, but we have done it lots. Tougher with a 1917A1, those work best to cradle in the elbow.....
Puts a whole new perspective on the actions of MEN like John Basilone.......

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gonna wait it out

I contacted the person making my mount, he'll be done by September. Besides, it is ungodly hot right now - so I can do without shooting it a little longer. It's been nice having the time to completely tear it down and practice the fundamentals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts